• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How Do You Handle Being Alone?

Guest Kelly Ann

Guest Kelly Ann

When you are feeling out of sorts...rejected, dissed...how do you manage it? NOooooOoooO Kelly's not 'having issues'...but just curious how others find their way through the thicket. I'll lead with my methods...or at least a few...otherwise it would have to be a Master's Dissertation and I'm not into being anything beyond a master debator (-;

1) I've spent an awful lot of time at Art Museums and a very cool Historical Museums all across the country, it's one of the first things I'll seek out, wherever I might be...I LOVE to see where we've been...and where we're going...doofus note, I passed up an original 8x10 Andy Warhol Soup Can, on hand made paper numbered/signed, print in Greenwich Village back in the mid-60's for less than $100.00 because I didn't want to part with the $$$...if you ever see ART that MOVES you and you can afford it...GET IT! I could not even guess how many hours I've spent gazing from different angles at the Bronze of The Thinker by Rodin...I've been lucky enough to see 2 of them and they are equally Heroic and emotive. A great work of art by a Master will bring a tear to your eye, make your heart race, put you someplace you've been or would like to be all at once...and most importantly make you realize the complete greatness that we all are. You meet very cool people in these settings too that are not boorish or mean...

2) Go see performances whether it's music, poetry, reading...get a little culture it will lift you up and make you feel good about everything...there's lots out there free or very much on the cheap...some of the best plays I've seen had a ticket price of less than 10.00, I saw Kid Rock in the 'Trailer Park' seats for 12.00 and he was great back then, it's out there...seek and you will find

3) I've always tried to surround myself with people smarter than me...it's uplifting because they challenge me to LOOK! It never ceases to stupify me at how much I miss...and I do keep my eyes wide open, there's just soooo much out there.

4) Getting small (appologies to Steve Martin) and collapsing into inner space is O.K. IF it's for a short time. Self pity (I call it nourishing the inner garden) is alright as long as it isn't a habbit. That goes for friends, loved ones and family too...hey what goes 'round comes 'round be their friend and help them through their times too. Just don't wallow in it or allow those you care about to do so...you do have some responsibilities to others as well as yourself, and if you are compassionate, caring and LISTEN you will make a difference...and a very great friend.

5) Learn to forgive as fast as you are hurt...put it completely behind you and forgetaboutit in the blink of an eye. There is ONE exception...violence...yeah words do HURT...but only as much as you let them...getting clobbered or ganged on is far worse...avoid that non-sense at ALL costs. Sticks and Stones...blah blah blah...

6) If it's a friend, be a friend...no matter how obnoxious you might be or how obnoxious they might be...if they're/your too obnoxious it might be time for some 'time out'. If you mess up appologise and mean it...that means DON'T do it again...whatever it may have been.

This is getting too long from me...I'm starting to bore myself (-; There's just sooo much to consider I boggle. Anybody have anything to add that works for them when the 'going gets tough' or particular pitfalls that we might wish to avoid from your experience? Keep a smile and keep 'em flying, Kelly Ann

Go to the movies, take a hike , hit he bike, climb one of the mountains,read an book, go to the library, grab the old fishing pole and go to the local creek, email an old friend, or read t he NYT. Lately go to Laura's and check out the posts from my new best friends....................Mia

I play music, it is a great way to make yourself feel better - start out feeling blue, play some blues and the sounds will make you happy.

I have two actual pieces of art - not just reprodustions, both limited additions by Wyland One framed and matted of three Humpback Whales called "Saving Whales" 17 of 45. The other is a Chinese brush outline of a HUmpback which I matted and framed myself. These are of great comfort - the serenity of a pod of Humbacks with a calf under water is very southing.

I take my camera and go out to capture nature.

I'm never really alone right now after all I'm sharing this body with a guy! :blush:

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Elizabeth K

:D Confession - I have a secret addiction- genealogy. It can take every minute of my time if I let it. Its email, internet, library, courthouse and people visit work. A passion - well, it soothes my brain. It's like a huge logic puzzle - my daughter calls it a never-ending term paper.

I am a pen and ink artist, but the muse must be present. Steam trains and steamboats my favorite.

Finally, I will read every and any book I can find... have thousands lying around. Love to visit used book stores.

And ya know what? this transitioning thing? There is a lot of body maintenance required - lotta time spent on that now - never knew it was so involved.

But if you love yourself, you aren't ever really alone? Maybe? :P

Guest Amanda L Richards

Hello all,

I have spent alot of time with different things to handle being alone. One of which is reading. It isn't about anyone subject, but various subjects. If I had to pick one as the top of the list, would be anything that has to do with human behaviour and Healing. As a result of that I was in college studying psychology.

Then I have spent lots of time learning about the area of Holistic Healing. This is a never ending and rewarding area, very interesting area, because it doesn't stop at just the physical, it goes into the mental emotional layers and when one goes deep enough, goes right to the core of spiritual areas,(not religion.)

That has been in the last five years, before that I used to spend alot of time collecting pictures of vintage type objects and architecture. The main feature was cars from the fifties and houses pre 1950's. This also included vintage police cars of the early 1970's to the mid 1980's with their traditional distinctive agency colors and markings.

The Holistic Healing takes up all of my time now and what ever is left over is just down time for me.

Talk again soon.

Guest Archana

When i alone, i will be crossdressed and try for further improvements...

Browsing internet & find the data regarding the same.

Also i use to read magazines related to my job & hear music...

I feel the need to add something to my post - I have always liked being alone!

I spent so much time around people that I didn't like - you can't choose your classmates - that I looked forward to just getting away from everybody!

Interestingly enough, while I don't mind living alone at all, I no longer enjoy going out to eat alone! What's next taking a friend to the restroom with me? :lol:

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Elizabeth K
I feel the need to add something to my post - I have always liked being alone!

I spent so much time around people that I didn't like - you can't choose your classmates - that I looked forward to just getting away from everybody!

Interestingly enough, while I don't mind living alone at all, I no longer enjoy going out to eat alone! What's next taking a friend to the restroom with me? :lol:

Love ya,

Sally

Why do women take friends to the restroom? I don't really have any woman-to-woman friends yet that I can take with me. Well I do have my best friend, but she lives in Texas - and I don't think I could hold it that long - ha

But I think I know - to talk about whomever is left at the table? (men). Actually, if you have ever been in a woman's restroom there is almost always a line. Having a friend along gives you something to do? Plus - when you are in the stall and run outta TP - she can pass you extra from her side? - ha! :P

Guest JoshuaJennifer

Hmm...

I usually draw or do writting, usually involving my situation, it's a good outlet.

Although if i can't be bothered to do any of that stuff I just try and talk to people, or usually just try to focus my mind on something else.