• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

2nd Injection

Guest YaManShane

Guest YaManShane

Had my second T injection today. I'm a bit worried about it though. I put the needle in put a little bit of it wasnt underneath the skin. I felt that if I went any further I would hit a bone on something. Im just a bit scared cause im kinda just starting out. I hope that the T went in alright.

Don't worry about it, you should be okay. Did you follow what the doctor/nurse said to do? When I first started giving myself injections I was worried that I did it right, so I guess a lot of us go through the, Did I do it right feeling. I know I did.

Yikes!

Giving yourself injections! You are already more manly than I ever was! :lol:

I'm planning on orals or patches! At my age the risks aren't so bad, most are in the long term and starting past 57 there isn't that much of a long term left!

I'm glad that you are able to do it!

Love ya,

Sally

If the doctor said you did it right, you did :) "Did I do it right?" Is probably the number one question of transmen takin a shot. I still do it even if its only in the form of "dang, I wish I'd chose a spot an inth more upward" or something.

Guest Jackson

Don't worry. It sounds fine. By a error made by my doctor or nurse, I ended up with insulin syringes which give a subcutaneous injection (just underneath all the skin) instead of the intramuscular injection. I did mention it later to my physician who told me that there are trials being done now to see if the short needles work as well as the long needles. Right now, as long as the needle is around an inch into the skin and tissue, everything should be fine.

Shane.. can i call you Shane?

im sure the shot went off ok yo... try not to worry yourself too much, eh?

i remember being anxious just in general for like a month after i started T.. well.. more excited than anxious really. i had to TRY to relax...

Ray

That excellent that you did your own injection. I only did mine myself the other day, and that was my 11th. Up until now the doctor has been doing it for me. I was really nervous when I did it, and the doctor asked me what I was nervous about. I told her that the things I was most scared of was it not going in properly. She told me not to worry, and that there isn't really anywhere else for the T to go other that into the muscle! Good job on the injection. x