• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

D.C. To Launch Trans Awareness Media Campaign

Carolyn Marie

Guest BobbiLee

I don't know...I live in the DC area and I think this is more lip service than anything...I will let you know if I see something to the contrary, but I am not holding my breath@

Guest chngnwnd

I participated in the focus groups and had some good conversations with the marketing consultant designing the campaign. She took a lot of care to get input from the community and craft the campaign. I think it is going to be well executed. As far as effectiveness - well that is completely unpredicitable since this campaign is venturing into uncharted waters as far as media campaigns go. However, I am confident of the care, professionalism, and skill that went into it.

hugs

Bobbi

• Admin

Bobbi, if you were involved, I know it will be a quality product. Thanks for representing our Community so well.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 245 Guests (See full list)

• Birdie
    • Petra Jane
    • Charlize
    • mattie22
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • MaryEllen
    • SamC
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

TransNameA
    Newest Member
    TransNameA

1. FullyHart
      FullyHart
    2. MariPosa
      MariPosa
      (65 years old)
    3. pechenezhka
      pechenezhka
      (17 years old)
    4. Rubycd
      Rubycd
      (59 years old)
    5. Yana
      Yana
      (31 years old)
    • Charlize
      I seem to remember the word "deplorables" being used not long ago.  Unfortunately so often appropriate.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Charlize
      It was not that long ago that black people were banned from the University of Mississippi.  Schools were segregated and the same excuse of protecting the women (or girls) of old miss.  Times and many feeling have changed with time and federal intervention.  Unfortunately politicians love to separate and divide to gain power.     Hugs,   Charlize
    • Mmindy
      I agree @Birdieto just "fit in", is what drove us to therapy. I'm not fitting in just to please someone with a closed mind. At least you know who your fair weather friends are now.   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Birdie
      Yesterday in the lobby some of the residents were talking with me. One asked, "how come in all the TV commercials at the centre you don't appear in any of them?"   I explained that, "I'm an embarrassment to the centre and they don't know what to do with me." I get edited out!   Quite the differing options with the ladies at the table as some of them said, "that's discrimination", while others said, "they can see why."   Another lady said, "you would fair better if you cut your hair and went back to overalls, you should strive to fit in!"   Their opinions are as meaningful to me as rubbish. I did 45 years of trying to "fit in", and not doing that again. 😉
    • Heather Shay
      RIP David Sanborn - another amazing musician lost to us.  
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      Gosh, missed Monday again.   Did you know that Producer Keith Oslen was distraught because the duo his recorded Buckingham-Nicks first album went nowhere? In walked Mick Fleetwood also distraught because once again Flleetwood Mac lost a guitarist in Bob Welsh and he was at least going studio shopping and came to Sound City in LA because he'd heard the drum sound they got there was incredible. He asked Oslen to play something recorded there. Olsen played some of Buckingham-Nicks and Fleetwood loved the sound of the guitarist and wanted Buckingham. Olsen said he comes with Nicks because Olsen managed both. Fleetwood didn't want Nicks but eventually the remaining Mac members said okay and next thing you know - the Fleetwood Mac that scored a huge following was born. Sadly right after the "Fleetwood Mac" album and before "rumours" was recorded, the band got huge headed and got rid of Oslen so they didn't have to play him a lot of music they wanted to keep. Olsen did ok after by recording Ozzy Osbourne, the Grateful Dead, Whitesnake, Pat Benatar, Heart, Santana, Saga, Foreigner, Scorpions, Journey, The Babys, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Joe Walsh, 38 Special, and Eric Burdon & the Animals, among others. BTW - Olsen was also a members in 1967 of a band called Music Machine (not the James Taylor one) that scored a huge hit with the song "Talk Talk"
    • Heather Shay
      Still on contentment high from Sunday.
    • Heather Shay
      CONTENTMENT The relentless pursuit of happiness often overshadows the more subtle yet profound emotional state of contentment. While happiness may be a fleeting high, contentment is the gentle hum of satisfaction that resonates through the soul, offering a sustainable path to life satisfaction. Oscar Wilde's poignant observation encapsulates this truth: "True contentment is not having everything, but in being satisfied with everything you have."
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • VickySGV
      He has also vowed to NOT ACCEPT the election results even if they  clearly show he lost.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.