• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Periods

Guest YaManShane

Guest Jack Solomon

Mine tried to start about three days after my first shot, but it was gone within two days and was very mild compared to its usual hard-hitting thing. And then it never came back (its been six months). But for most people it probably didn't leave that quickly. From I've read in the past it seems like many of us still get (at least) 1 to 2 periods after starting T within the first few months, and maybe some random spotting (spots of blood), depending on your dosage level. Hopefully, this is the last time it shows up for you.

Solomon

Guest StrandedOutThere

Not to be that "TMI" guy, but I think mine's finally gone. I've been on T for a little more than 2 months. I started at a lower dose and worked up, so that might be why it took a while to go away. Anyway...mine would have been due about a week ago and it hasn't showed up. There has been something that isn't quite 'spotting' but definitely in that realm. It hasn't progressed beyond that.

The 2 I got after starting T were "normal" but a bit lighter than usual.

People tell me that it usually stops somewhere between 3 and 6 months on T, depending on your dose. If it hangs around longer than 6 months, you should see a doc.

Hang in there!

Guest Jackson

Must be very individual like everything else. Ironically (which seems to be normal in my life) my first injection was the first day of my period. I had one other period after that and that was it. October 17th was one of the best days of my life: when I should have gotten it and didn't.

Guest StrandedOutThere
Must be very individual like everything else. Ironically (which seems to be normal in my life) my first injection was the first day of my period. I had one other period after that and that was it. October 17th was one of the best days of my life: when I should have gotten it and didn't.

People have told me that "departure time" varies greatly. It must depend on a lot of things...T dose, timing of doses, hormone climate...as in how much "other" hormones are around... I don't know. What I DO know is that mine has not arrived as scheduled this month. I hope it doesn't show up. Stupid thing...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 235 Guests (See full list)

• Betty K
    • Pip
    • Heather Shay
    • Petra Jane
    • SamC
    • AllieJ
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

The Lake
    Newest Member
    The Lake

1. Britton
      Britton
      (53 years old)
    2. chipped_teeth
      chipped_teeth
    3. james-m
      james-m
    4. jenny75
      jenny75
      (34 years old)
    5. KASS13
      KASS13
    • Heather Shay
      What gives you the most asatisfaction in being who you truly are?
    • Heather Shay
      Welcome. As you explore your true self (selves) know you are loved and welcomed and will find others who will be here. Explore the site and join in on posts and ask questions.
    • The Lake
      Hello we are The lake. So called because This One has not determined a name for oneself but has in a way created an environment to try out multiple names as different people. Currently Some of us use she/her pronouns and one uses he/him. We hope to learn more about being transgender and the intricacies involved. Once again it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance and we hope to be of further help in the future.
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://tennesseelookout.com/2024/05/14/judge-refuses-to-dismiss-all-claims-by-transgender-child-against-state-williamson-county-schools/     Kind of a win some - lose some decision.  I suppose that's better than "lose all."    Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-politics-and-policy/18-states-sue-biden-administration-transgender-worker-protections-rcna152239     When the R's are in power they love having the EEOC promulgate rules favoring employers.  But when the D's are in power, they just hate it when the EEOC makes or enforces rules that favor employee rights; most especially trans employee rights.  Then it becomes "government overreach."  Funny how that works out.    Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      Wholeheartedly agree.  Whether a compliment is backhand or forehand, I take it gladly.  They are offered rarely enough these days.    Carolyn Marie
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Wow, a shop that actually respects a customer's truck?  That seems like a miracle!  My husband does most of his own work, because he really, REALLY hates people who mess with an interior, with grease spots or footprints.  His personal truck is old, but super clean.  And since he's the transportation manager for his company, he's pretty picky about people respecting company equipment.  "Take care of it, and it will take care of you" is the motto.  Drivers should be able to go through a DOT Level 1 inspection without worry. 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Literally the word means "hatred of women" and so I don't think that's quite the right description for what you encountered.  Possibly chauvinism?  Or maybe just not wanting to bother somebody he figured wasn't interested or capable of doing the job?  Who knows.   But on the other hand...be glad you're passing
    • VickySGV
      Finally found a site that gives the definition of defemination as a process of loss of feminine characteristics or continued loss of them.  Not a word I would use every day, although I can see where it would be a problem for some who value those feminine characteristics.  Yes I have seen it happen and now get the idea, and yes, not in so many words, but yes I have been up against others who do put down my femininity as being a pseudo female at the most polite and I cannot use the words hear for what it is at the worst.   Online, there is little to do about it except leave and block the people who do it and the places it happens, since it affects you much more heavily and negatively than it does the person doing it, and you need freedom from the stress.  The rules here which our "powers that be", namely the staff say we do not put up with members denying the authentic identity of other members. 
    • VickySGV
      I still maintain my "male" skills and almost have to laugh when that sort of thing happens to me with Cis males, and it does happen.  On the other side there, I have activities with the Trans community  here where I live including Trans Men who love to show off their new lives.  I have had a couple come over to my house and I have done some shop teaching that is always fun.  When they offer to help me by doing "male stuff" in a group, I do not take it as misogyny .
    • Thea
      This guy asked me to help with his tire.  So when I turned around and he saw that I'm a woman he's like,  oh nevermind
    • Betty K
      I think that’s an important point. In my case, I’ve found transitioning to be such a relief and a joy that I have no difficulty focussing on the positives. Maybe in your case you could make a practice of noting when you are gendered correctly? Do you keep a journal? I find doing so is major help.   After saying I rarely get misgendered, it actually happened to me yesterday in a local store. After recovering from my shock (the salesman called me “brother”, which to me is about as bad as it gets) I wrote my first complaint letter to a business w/r/t misgendering. That felt good. I also reflected that, to a degree, for those of us who don’t pass, I think gendering is correctly can take a conscious effort. Some Folks seem to automatically see me as feminine, others have to work at it. So if you’re often surrounded by people who have no desire to work at it, that may exacerbate your problem.      
    • Betty K
      I don’t know why anyone would go to the effort of advocating for trans folks only to charge people to read their articles. It seems so counterproductive, and I seriously doubt they’re making more than pocket money out of it. 
    • KathyLauren
      Oh, how I wish we were over-reacting!  But I don't think we are.  The danger is under-reacting. 
    • Ivy
      I understand your feelings. I have the same fears.  NC has made a swing to the right as well, and I'm not optimistic.  I want to tell myself I'm over reacting.  But seeing what these people are  saying, and doing when they do get into power can't be dismissed.  It's proof of what they will do if they take over the federal government. I'm getting kinda old now anyway.  It took me over 60 years to get here, and I'm not going back.  I suppose they can revert my gender markers, but I will still be legally Ivy.  And I have every intention of dying as Ivy Anna.  If I can't find my hormones somehow, I'll do without.  The physical changes I do have are permanent.   Trans people have always existed.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.