• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ontario, Canada - gender change rules altered

Guest Brittany North

Guest cynthash

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Guest MsPerseveres

Ontario is becoming one of the best places in NA to be trans. I was about to post the link to the Globe and Mail article (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/ontario-allows-transgender-people-to-change-birth-certificate-without-surgery/article4609037/) and then realized that I'd been preempted - happy to see that!

One of the most amazing things for me was that this item made the news on an alt rock station here in Ottawa (Live 88.5) that does the short 2-3 minute news, only during morning and afternoon rush hour. Either it was a really slow news day, or they're much more trans friendly than I ever believed.

Love and hugs, Tami

Makes me want to move, again.

Huggs,

Joann

I'd like to believe that if it sticks in Ontario, the other provinces will follow the leader.

As slim as it may be there is always hope for this.

Huggs,

Joann