• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Is Under Armor good for binding?

Guest Dragonseeker

Guest Dragonseeker

Okay, so I can't get a binder right now but I've been really self conscious lately about my chest. I know ace is really bad to use along with tape, but what about under armor? If so, which type is best? (Women's, men's, tank, shirt, etc) If not is there a way I can bind without a binder? I'm just constantly looking down at my chest all the time at school and its getting on my nerves. I just want to feel secure.

Thank you

-Jake

Guest thmidnightbeast

Well I guess it would depend on how large your chest is. If you have a really small chest I'm sure it would work. I am an A cup and I tried to use an under armour shirt one time and it did not work at all. So I just stuck with using a sports bra. This is the shirt I used, maybe if you tried some sort of tank top it would work better?

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens-heatgear-full-t/pid1201166-600

Guest Robin Winter

Under Armour makes a sports bra with a compression fit for about 30.00

I'm planning to get one myself for when I'm working to hide my development. It's rated for A-C cup, and I'll let you know how it works for me, assuming I do manage to get one.

I use a combination of a tank I found at Kohl's in women's that's light compression with none of that shelf nonsense, in the proper size to fit me, with a Starter compression shirt from Walmart over it (one size below "proper" fit). It works pretty well, especially under a button down shirt. Not board-flat, but button line on men's shirt doesn't pull away flat.

Guest Robin Winter

Ok, I got the sports bra I mentioned (It's called "Gotta have it" and it's by under armour), and it takes me from a B-cup to as flat as before I was ever in the same room as an estrogen pill. Also, it's completely invisible under a tee shirt, or is for me anyway. Works a charm :) Like I said though, they only claim it works up to a c-cup, so it won't be for everyone.

Guest Dragonseeker

Thank you for your replies everyone :D

Shilo, thank you for the update, I'm an A cup so I think I'll check it out. Thanks again everyone

-Jake

Guest aleon515

You might go to a store like Sportsmart where you can try them on. I found out that they actually make me look worse and didn't like them. BTW, some guys wear them under the binder to make the binder more comfortable.

--Jay J

Guest Robin Winter

Hah! Told ya. It feels like a tight shirt, but it's still comfy and does the job. I want more of them too, but I could only afford the one this trip. We needed new snow gear for the little one too ^_^