• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How Long Does It Last

Guest YaManShane

Guest YaManShane

How long does testosterone stay in the body after an injection. I always worry that it leaves my body everytime I go to the bathroom and would rather inject more frequently than I do now

I do believe that it stays much longer than that - mine's lasted a lifetime. :D

I know, bad joke, but I know that it lingers for a pretty long time, one of your brothers will be along soon with a better answer, but don't worry - it's effects keep going long after the initial, WOW wears off!

Love ya,

Sally

If your taking injections if I'm right it is secreated into your body depending on how often you take your shots and what your doses are. I take mine bi-weekly, sometimes I forget and take it a day or two late and I have no effects. You should never increase your dose without your doctor saying so. Your doctor has to monitor your blood levels, your liver function and your T levels in order to detimine if you can go up or down. If you take to much T it then turns into E. I know you wanto rush the process, I felt the same way but be patient.

Guest Linus Thomas

When I went to the Philly Trans Health Conference, a physician there (talking about a new form of T that is administered once every 3-4 months) says that traditional injection of T lasts about 10-12 days (depending on an individual, size, etc.). So even if you miss it by a day or so, you should be ok.

Actually the "half-life" on T via injection can be more like 7-10, 12 if you're a lucky soul. But like you said it does depend on the size of the person and their individual body. Right now with the injections its released out of that muscle you injected it in into your system daily (actually at approx the same time you did the injection on a day to day basis). No, its not "leaking out" by going to the bathroom or anything else and be careful wantin to "inject more" too much testosterone converts. Its why your doc is keeping up with all of your levels. Stick to whats prescribed until and unless he tells you different. If you have a biweekly injection -which is what I had- but find that in the second week the "drop off" once that half-life has run its course is too severe or for the majority of the week (believe me, you'll know cuz you'll feel like crap and might even spot or cramp)then let him know and he will likely break it in two and switch it to weekly.

Guest SimonV
When I went to the Philly Trans Health Conference, a physician there (talking about a new form of T that is administered once every 3-4 months)

Do you happen to have any information or the name of the T that is administered every 3 to 4 months? What exactly is it? A shot...an implant?? That's really interesting news and I wonder if it'll become popular in the next few years.

Guest Linus Thomas
Do you happen to have any information or the name of the T that is administered every 3 to 4 months? What exactly is it? A shot...an implant?? That's really interesting news and I wonder if it'll become popular in the next few years.

It was in experimental form (I don't think it had reached clinical trials yet) and was very expensive (IIRC, something like $600 for one shot). I'll see if I can dig up the info on it but don't expect this one out for another 5 years at least. (a quick google search and I found this: http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/reprint/92/9/3470.pdf -- this might be it).

Guest YaManShane

I heard of something like it. If Im not mistaken its placed under the skin and it releases T over time. I wouldnt get it though. I like injecting myself every week/two weeks. Makes me feel like something is happening, and them im taking an active part in the transition

Guest Evan_J
I heard of something like it. If Im not mistaken its placed under the skin and it releases T over time. I wouldnt get it though. I like injecting myself every week/two weeks. Makes me feel like something is happening, and them im taking an active part in the transition

**chuckles** I think I'm gonna have to put you in the neurotic group with me and Ainsley. We have (at least in past) had a tendency to worry over super unlikely things. I can see it now, you'd be like, "I think the pellet's clogged" and we'd be right with ya "He might have something" lol.

You'll run across old posts between us maybe and this will all seem much funnier lol. On the plus side, I think T has cooled us both out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 75 Guests (See full list)

• April Marie
    • christinakristy2021
    • Ashley0616
    • Mmindy
    • Amy Powell