• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Transman Wants to Look Like Celebrity

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

The obvious problem with this article starts with the headline, which uses the wrong pronoun. But he doesn't help matters by using his given name, Catrina. Can't blame people for being confused, I suppose.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/100036/Transgender-Girl-Wants-To-Go-Through-Surgery-To-Look-Exactly-Like-One-Directions-Harry-Styles

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

Oh well, to each his own said the farmer as he kissed the cow!! It's the difference between trans man and drag king at this point. Not to insult anyone, but stage lights illuminate strange things.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 52 Guests (See full list)

• April Marie
    • Cyndee
    • Ivy
    • SamC
    • MaryEllen
    • Lydia_R
    • Birdie
    • Charlize
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

BUGFIEND
    Newest Member
    BUGFIEND

1. Bobbijean
      Bobbijean
    2. Bryan
      Bryan
      (61 years old)
    3. jlw5ju
      jlw5ju
      (27 years old)
    4. ladykirabellum
      ladykirabellum
      (47 years old)
    5. Lizzie17
      Lizzie17
    • Lydia_R
      Oregon has a law that allows you to change your name and gender once in your lifetime without involving the courts.  It took me about 2.5 months to complete and was relatively easy.  It came up yesterday about how I changed my gender on my ID to F instead of X.  I identify with M->F, not X.  I passed over the line into F, but I'm still near the middle in the spectrum.  And I intend to keep going in the F direction.  There is another transwoman named Rachel Rand who is about 10 years older than me and I use her as a model for where I want to be in 10 years.   I'm a proud Gen X'er, but it's based on latchkey arcade games, not gender.
    • Lydia_R
      I never met me GT in person.  I started off by dressing in my LBD going to fast food and drive thru coffee.  The first time I ventured out of the car, I was wearing a tight fitting long black dress with hose and heels to the ATM.  No one saw me and it was a good step to take.  I still love that dress and was wearing it last week.  I have learned to accept my male bulge in a feminine way thinking of it being like a teenage girl who's breasts are coming in and how that must feel when being in public.  Nothing I can do about it and I'm not into wearing some pleated skirt to hide it because I'm not into that style.
    • Lydia_R
      Wow, talk about big data!  I think I'd geek out on those vectors.  Politically, that idea is pretty sick.  Artistically....  Gotta have something to do with your time.  It's low impact work.
    • Lydia_R
      Although there certainly is just flat out racist hate in this, I tend to ignore that kind of thing and think of it from an economic standpoint.   I've seen some reports of the Chinese being afraid of their men becoming weaker and becoming less able to do hard, manual labor.  Of course that is just sexist BS on some level (my first wife does professional construction work), there is undoubtedly a weakening that goes with the M->F thing.  I feel it within my body.   In my opinion, it's just old school economics of a growing economy.  Like Vaclov Smil is suggesting, maybe we should give up on the idea of growth:   https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/sep/21/vaclav-smil-interview-growth-must-end-economists   I believe this old school growing economy is over and there is nothing anyone can really do about it.  Like a river, we just need to go with the flow and not fight it.  My roommate is talking about the idea of the country splitting up in to regions.  Perhaps there is some sense in that?  Two of my trans roommates this year came from the mid-south specifically for trans healthcare here.  We all like it here in Portland.  It isn't perfect.  Ironically, it could be much more accepting here.  But all the trans people I know here say that we are not leaving.  Because of my career, it is almost certain I will have to move by the end of the year, but I'll likely be coming back when my job is completed.  My house is 4 miles from the transgender hospital too.  I've had the fantasy for years about being a halfway house for people having surgeries.  I get this feeling that it is going to become a strange episode of M*A*S*H.  I guess I'm just going to go with the flow on this.  Fighting the tow of the moon and all that.
    • Ladypcnj
      Yes, its common in gender therapy, my therapist was similar the same way, I should embrace my femineity. I came out in my childhood years. It was the first time my parents took me clothes shopping; I ran on over to the girl's department when I was a kid, some of us already knew we are girls. Okay, now let's bring things up to 2024, how to get past your fear? For starters, you can watch fashion shows or look around your surroundings outside to see what other women are wearing today. Take out your notebook to write things down such as red top, black jeans, earrings, boots or sneakers.. okay you get the general idea. Since I was already dating x-girlfriend at the time, shopping for female clothes during the holiday, was supper easy, if anyone asked me.. I just said I'm getting these clothes for my girlfriend, and it worked like a charmed.    Another to get past the fear without leaving home, you can try online shopping, you would need to measure waist area, and height .. this might come with trial and error since there is no dressing room. 
    • Lydia_R
      I'm not sure how much you can really help anyone, but I have enjoyed opening my house up to trans people this year.   Including myself, there have been 4 transgender people living in my one bedroom house.  And there is one cis gendered male here.  All of us have experienced homelessness.  Not just a couple days either, but significant homelessness.  Since I was homeless for 4 years 20 years ago, I've always wanted to be in a position where I could open up my house like this.  For whatever reason, I am the only trans person in the house right now, but it seems that others are on the way.  I have a desire to keep my house running like this for the foreseeable future.   I had a retired Scientologist counselor helping me out when I was in my 4 year homeless period.  I can't even imagine how I would have survived without her.  When I was living in those cars and vans, I'd have periods of a week or two where I'd stay with her and have adventures.  I'd get some better food.  She was on SSI, so we would go to the food bank.  I got turned onto cauliflower from the food bank.  I'd get my laundry done and then I'd have some time studying on the computer.  I slept on the living room floor with a sleeping bag.  My Dirty Pot and Igotarock compositions where made on the floor of that apartment.  I just put my gear on the floor and recorded my bass sitting on the floor.  I had made the drum machine parts while I was sleeping in my GEO Metro.  She kicked my out on New Years Eve going into 2004.  I had just been a mad scientist doing math and that was the best thing for me at the time.  a/b=c/d   So yes, you can help if you use some balance with it.
    • Mirrabooka
      @awkward-yet-sweet I hope you get to go on the trip! I'm assuming from what you wrote that your husband is a trucker. I know what it's like to have diesel in your veins, to sit in a cab for hours on end enjoying the scenery and listening to the music of a big engine, it's pretty awesome and there's nothing quite like it.   @Birdie When ya gotta go, ya gotta go! I hope your state laws catch up with reality one day, but I won't hold my breath waiting.   Well, we might have a bit of an awkward situation happening here soon. It's our 40th anniversary this July and last week we finally decided to do something to celebrate it by going on an interstate getaway to a city which we love, Hobart. Flights are booked and paid for, accommodation in a nice hotel booked, a day cruise while we are there booked and paid for, etc. Meanwhile, our son and DIL dropped in yesterday with our 2mo granddaughter. We told them that we finally got off our behinds and booked a trip and everyone was happy. Then, they told us about our granddaughters' baptism which was organized for June 9th. No worries, we'll be there!    Fast forward a few hours and DIL contacted us to say that June 9th was off because one of the God parents isn't available, and the *only* alternative is for the weekend that we are away! Grrrr! So why couldn't they choose a later date? Because baby might grow out of her outfit by then! I know what will probably happen, there will be a heated discussion and to keep the peace we will once again cave in to the demands of others who never stop wanting a piece of us and we will end up canceling our trip.   First world problem I know, but we're getting pretty frustrated since my retirement last year that we can't seem to do anything for ourselves for more than a day or two at a time.
    • April Marie
      Oh, gorgeous!! Thank you for the link!!!
    • KatieSC
      April, Those are beautiful. You may want to check out the offerings from this company, Trisha Waldron Designs. I discovered her jewelry a few years ago when I was at the Rapid City Regional Airport in Rapid City, SD. They have a gift shop there that had her jewelry. See link: https://trishawaldrondesigns.com/home/
    • Mmindy
      I love that @April Marie smiles. 
    • April Marie
      Discovering a woman in the mirror.
    • KatieSC
      Heavens to Murgatroyd! What if Governor Abbott has installed genitalia scanners on the commodes? I suppose they could collect, catalog, and then with the genitalia scanner, activate the Klaxon, the red lights, and then initiate the barriers to contain you until the police arrive. Weird times, and weirder politicians, call for extreme measures. All of this caused by you wanting a gladder bladder. Woe is the world...   On a more real world note, be careful Birdie. Someone may snitch you out just to see what happens. 
    • Mmindy
      Eye sparkle isn’t from glass ball?
    • April Marie
      Congratulations on the ear piercing @MirandaB!! You'll get over the concerns about sleeping on them or how they're healing quickly. I found myself scouring Amazon and eBay for different types of earrings so I had them on hand when I was healed. My favorite earrings are a pair of flame painted brass feathers and I have a pair of leaves I love, too. So many possibilities once you're healed!!!     @Mmindy- I totally understand the puppy routine. We've has our girl for a week now and I'm amazed at how quickly she's learning. She is totally acclimated to her crate now. She also sleeps 6 or 7 hours each night. Yesterday, she started going to the door and sitting when she needed to go out to the bathroom. Still, it's play for an hour or so and then crash. It's as if you can see her growing as you look at her.   I have been absent a lot here - so much going on with my wife's mother now in hospice, my aunt that I've been helping for over a year now moved locally into skilled nursing and the new puppy not to mention the normal things around our house. I get way behind in cutting the grass and am just finally getting the pool ready. Ugh.    Can someone please figure out how to add more time to the day?   I miss the interaction here. But, I'll get things settled soon and be back to my normal....as if I'm at all normal.    Have an awesome day, everyone!!!    
    • Mmindy
      Good morning everyone,    Parker started to make noises in his crate with a chew toy at 04:50. I was able to catnap until 06:00 when I had to get out of bed. In my pjs I took Parker outside for a run around the backyard. Gave him his first bowl of puppy kibble and water, then started brewing my coffee. He finished off his kibble and played tag with Sheldon (male cat) in and around the dining room table and chairs. I’m on my second cup of coffee and they are both asleep.    @Birdie you are such an inspiration, be safe and go with confidence into the bathroom of your choice. Most people understand you just need to…   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.