• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

So... Any other bisexual trans people?

Guest OutOfTheNight

It's normal - perhaps more normal among our population than the cis-gendered population. Since gender and sexual preference tend to be two separate parts of our mental development, we can find our sexuality to be straight, gay, or bi - just like everyone else.

For me, It seems that coming out as trans has also made me more aware of my feelings towards both sexes - I'd call myself non-sexual mostly, more attracted to females, but also still attracted to males...

Love, Megan

Guest rikkicd64

It's normal - perhaps more normal among our population than the cis-gendered population. Since gender and sexual preference tend to be two separate parts of our mental development, we can find our sexuality to be straight, gay, or bi - just like everyone else.

For me, It seems that coming out as trans has also made me more aware of my feelings towards both sexes - I'd call myself non-sexual mostly, more attracted to females, but also still attracted to males...

Love, Megan

Megan said it all for me also, thanks Megan for putting into words what I think and feel.

Rikki.....

Pansexual I am, but that encompasses bisexual as well (just as bisexual encompasses heterosexual and homosexual). However, in practice, I am married. So I've no clue what that makes me. My S/O and I are both trans, so I like to say that we are LGBT (each part of the acronym). Otherwise, I like to say that I am <<insert_S/O_name_here>>-sexual :P

Of course, before I met my spouse, I identified as asexual, but panromantic (I never even thought about sex except in an objective way. I enjoyed other things, like mathematics and reading too much to get distracted by it).

Guest Robin Winter

I'm married and not interested in *anyone* else now, but gender isn't really a big consideration for me either, I could be attracted to someone of any gender, including other trans people (have dated a trans person in the past, actually). I've always had a stronger preference for female or feminine people though, most of the time, but mainly because they tend to be softer, gentler people. I don't deal well with overly agressive people.

Guest apostate79

I have always like the whole idea of being bisexual, although for most of my life I identified as a straight guy. You often hear about people's orientation changing during their transition, in my case it was almost immediately as soon as I admitted to myself that I was trans, and long before I even began HRT. When I first felt things "shift" I actually became fearful that I might end up a strictly heterosexual woman, the whole idea which made me feel a little bit depressed. I've gotten over that anxiety somewhat, but at this point everything is kind of up in the air. Although I'm still very much attracted to women I have also realized that a lot of my attraction was based on envy. Whenever I would look at an attractive girl I would find myself more often than not admiring her hair or makeup, or the clothes she's wearing, and secretly imagine what it would be like if I could look like that. I still have not yet gotten with a guy, but I am definitely more open to the idea now. Looking back, I have also noticed that almost all the girls I have been with have turned out to be either bisexual or have had tendencies towards it.

Guest Kylie2112

Prior to transition, I was straight male. Now with all that estrogen, it's slowly bringing me to about a 90/10 bi/pan with a preference to women. Currently dating a transgirl...not concerned at all about the equipment, I just find women (trans or cis) to be more attractive...although there are a few cute guys out there (I'm just more picky about what I want in a guy!) :)

Guest OutOfTheNight

I identify as pansexual, which is close enough XD Although... bisexual assumes you are only attracted to cisgendered people. :P

Guess I'm pansexual, then- I've only heard that before once but it sounds like it'd describe me better.

Guest Melissa~

I'm bi curious. In other words like any choosy woman, I'll probably go old and gray and get eaten by a pack of wild dogs before Mr Right would ever happen into my life. I love women.

I'm MeSexual (heh, you like that? Yeah, I made it up.). In other words, whatever my brain says I'm attracted to, I'm attracted to. I'm more attracted to personality and character than looks, although looks definitely plays a big part. I can get past looks if I don't find someone physically attractive right away, if their personality makes up the difference. I was never attracted to men before transition, but since transition I run across men who do something for me. Like dishes. If a man is willing to do my dishes....

Seriously, things have definitely changed for me. I definitely have always been attracted to women. But I used to like short, uber-femme-froofy, tiny women and now I find myself liking taller, curvy women and froofy girls annoy me. So that changed. And there's that one in a million guy out there. I dated them and I'm married to one. Never saw that coming.

Guest Natalie64567

I am bi-sexual as well. I don't think there is any link though there are straight, gay, and bi people just as much in the transgender community as there is in general population. So I wouldn't consider it weird at all.

• Forum Moderator

I've always been a straight male. Just haven't ever seen a man that attracts me. That being said.... It could certainly happen and is even more likely as i'm living full time.

Hugs,

Charlie

In other words like any choosy woman, I'll probably go old and gray and get eaten by a pack of wild dogs before Mr Right would ever happen into my life.

Wow, you will go through a lot to find the right person!!! LOL! I am choosy too, but I will settle before becoming JodyChow. Giggle. Trans is becoming much more attractive, but who knows.

Hug. Wall Flower JodyAnn

Guest LizMarie

As I've worked with my therapist, I began to recall things that I repressed from my teen years - admiring and being attracted to boys, that I once wanted to be my best friend's girlfriend (and obviously could not, at least then), and other memories. As I've worked through these, I've slowly allowed myself to realize that I find men attractive too and that I could be with the right man eventually, once I'm right with myself (post-op) because I'm just really uncomfortable with myself as I am now.

However, I have also always been attracted to girls as well so I realize that I am bisexual (or perhaps pansexual) and have been acknowledging that to myself. At my age, 55, I think the odds of finding the right man who is also accepting of transwomen are extremely low so once I get through the major aspects of transition and am living full time for a while, probably a couple years, I'll finally open myself up to romance again and if that comes from a woman or man (cis or trans doesn't matter to me), then great!

Guest london39

I am a FTM transgender physically female and have started to look into changing my name legally. I'm excited that I finaly found people like me to talk to.

Guest José rawks sox

I am pansexual myself, i honestly do not mind if a person is cis gender, transgender/transexual, ECT. I dont see love that way, i always say hearts not parts :D to me what makes me drawn to a person is their personalities and their heart, to me their gender or physical appearance isn't something I look for specifically :D I love anyone regardless, as long as they love me and treat me with the same respect i give to them thats what I look for when I'm considering a relationship.

Guest Tessa159

I personally identify as bisexual, although I am really up for dating anybody I develop feelings for. I don't care whether they're cis, trans, or anything else they want to be.

Guest Gregg Jameson

Always an interesting topic! :D

I had always been aware of feeling bi, with a very strong preference for women.

A few men had interested me; yet, overall still was attracted to many more women than to men. I have been attracted to very few men. I had tried to fix this, yet... had to cancel the engagements to men and go spend a few months or years with a special woman, at least intermittently. :D

My ex-husband is one of the few men with whom I have experienced serious attraction. I still find him physically attractive to observe, or to give a quick hug. I love him dearly. We are best of friends. Yet, we are better off as "best buddies," seriously. We love to spend time together; yet, it is truly like two guys going out to enjoy a meal or .... well, lots of "traditionally male" interests together. We also have a business together. He works full-time at his career. I work on our joint business and take some courses right now. We spend a lot of time together; yet, also have private lives apart from each other.

I'd like to say I am now straight, yet that feels a little dishonest to me, since I was married for 20 years. This was a very unique relationship to have lasted that long for me, in that I am not primarily attracted to men. With men, I was trying to play a part. It was not natural for me. I did not enjoy most relationships with men. I had tried to re-orient myself; a rather ridiculous effort, it was!

Interestingly, when we have been visiting many gay-friendly events and/or cities, a lot of men start following my ex around! Lol!

He realizes this and is relaxed with this. It's fun to watch! Lol! Cute! He denies any attraction to men, yet sure does enjoy it when I pick on him about his new best male friend at his place of work...and when I suggest they go to dinner together, etc. He blushes and gets a bit giddy. :blush: And then they go out together. :D Cute! :D

I had to stay away from women as close friends while married. Wanted to keep my vows while still married.

Then recalled I had to keep a distance from many women throughout my whole life. Tended to become enamored with some of them. Still do. :wub: I seem to do fine not straying from my female S/O, which is a relief to me. I am soattracted to women, I was very concerned I might not be able to stay true to one woman; yet, one serious love affair with one woman is more than enough! Seriously! Giving one woman the proper amount of love and attention can involve a significant amount of time. (I mean this in a good way!) It's time I enjoy; yet, I have had to adjust my schedule, as her needs are very different from those of my ex. This has been a big adjustment, after having been married to a man for 20 years. It's a challenge for me at this point. Hope I pass the challenge. :)

I met an amazing lady over this past summer. Wow! She is in her 70's. Quite a bit older than myself. (Age is not an obstacle, unless someone is too young, of course.) So incredibly beautiful. :o:D Amazing femiinie energy! :wub: Stunning! B) I am still infatutated with her --which is so unlke me, Lol -- and I am also very relieved she is no longer next door (she has moved many states away).

Now that I have "opened the door" to see more of what's behind the door for me, I can see it's possible I will be admitting to being Pansexual sometime soon. Yes, I think so. It's about attraction; yet, also about hearts. I am not interested in someone I only find physically attractive. I am interested in attraction on all levels. Still processing all of this. :D

Whole-Hearted Love, Freedom and Happiness to All! :D

Brad

Guest SaraRider

I feel my sexuality is a bit of a special case. I'm sure there are others who feel like me but I am bisexual. I am super attracted to women I love everything about them looks personality but as for men I am not attracted to them what so ever I just get with them because they make me feel so much more feminine. A long time ago I fought the idea that I was bisexual but after a while I realized there is nothing wrong with getting with someone because they make you feel sexy pretty wanted and feminine but I would never spend the rest of my life with a man just because after sex I just want to cuddle up with a woman. I'm lucky enough to have a wonderful partner in my life. She is so wonderful at helping me and supporting me so I don't have to get with men anymore. lol even though I have to admit I do crave some of the acts every once and a while but again having a bisexual partner makes it easy and comfortable to satisfy each other in every way.