• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I'm tied between whether I am an FTM or am Genderqueer.

Guest soclosetobeingshawn

Guest soclosetobeingshawn

I'm still trying to take it all in and study each, but I am so confused. I know it's normal to feel that way in the beginning. Genderqueer is feeling like you're equally both male and female, right? FTM clearly means female to male. I don't know how I feel about surgery, but I would like to take Testoterone. I don't want to label it when I'm still confused, and offend people who actually know who they are. I just need some advice.

Thanks.~

Guest ~Brenda~

Confusion, questions, doubt and introspection are all very normal. Let's not worry about surgery or HRT until you have had the opportunity to consult a gender therapist.

It is all OK to ask questions, and no you do not offend :)

Keep searching.

Love

Brenda

I feel the same way much of the time and I'm 35! When you don't fit into the cis default, finding just where you fit in isn't always easy. I see it as a spectrum, and you could even step away from the spectrum line in various ways. "Genderqueer" to me is a label meaning you don't easily fit the categories, and that's just the way you are. Not necessarily headed from one gender to the other. Some people transition to someplace in the middle and that's where they find their peace.

Brenda hit the nail on the head, though. Before doing anything physical or permanent, a gender therapist can help you work it out.

Guest Kael147

When I started my journey I posted some similar problems on another website. I just didn't know who or what I was. I was in agony for a very long time. I'm currently 41 and was 39 then.

Long story short, I explored many many posts from others and finally went to see a gender therapist. She was great and I told her everything. Our appointment was for an hour and thirty minutes, but went almost two. I have never felt so relieved as I did after that.

Someone in one of these forums told me something like, it doesn't matter what your gender is or how you are perceived or not, but you deserve happiness and whether you are butch, fem, androgynous, male, female, gender queer etc etc, really makes no difference. Be true to yourself, search, be honest and open and sooner or later you will recognize yourself and you'll know.

I hope you can be kind and gentle to yourself as you follow your path.

Best,

Kael

• 4 weeks later...
Guest miss kindheart

Gender what ??? and FTMTFTMT what :dunno:

Maybe M&M ?? but then would it be Plain or Peanut :D

Labels labels who has the label :doh1:

Let me get out my magic label maker and print it out for you :agreed:

it looks like The label that might describe you best :Crylol: well at least here is

Shawn :superman:

Maybe you should just be you :ThanxSmiley:

And be happy how ever you turn outin life being just that :score:

:wub: vanna

• 1 month later...

Its possible to be both FTM and gender-queer (both identities in one person).I personally know one gender-queer FTM. His life can differ from some FTM's as he still uses some makeup and incorporates some feminine elements, I have heard at times he uses non binary pronouns as opposed to male ones as well.

I've heard of more FTM's and MTF's who do identify as gender queer also.