• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Garter belts, thigh highs or panty hose?

Guest Sherryleigh

Guest Sherryleigh

I love wearing stockings! I have garters thigh highs and panty hose. My question is what is everyone's fave? Personally I perfer garters or thigh highs over panty hose even though garters can be a pain to fasten. But garters feel so wonderful! Thigh highs don't seem to last as long they tend to keep slipping off but I love them anyway. Panty hose are probably more practical I just don't like them as well for some reason. What do you think?

Sherry Leigh

Guest Jocelyn

I love them all, wear pantyhose everday and to bed. The feel and look of stockings and thigh highs is very secy and I love wearing them.

Hugs

Jocelyn

Well, another Jody expose'. Giggle. Love garter belts, haven't had one in years. Really! I'm not lying... But, I do have a nice pair of old time stockings I'm saving. One day maybe, one day...

Thigh Highs are such a huge weakness for me. Ding! They go with everything and all occasions, well maybe not a swim suit. Giggle.

I once saw something called Big O pantyhose. Wow, I would be a liar, if I said I never fanisized about them. But, after being on HRT for so long, my whole being has changed. Now it is more like, "Please Sir, don't stand behind me like that."... Well there are a few, I might like to sit in their lap unexpectedly, run my fingers through their hair, with a quick kiss to drive them crazy. Well??? It's just for fun with our clothes on. Oh and yes, I would then run like hell. LOL!

Gee, I never thought about another trans girl wearing them??? Well, yes I have. Oops, my mental G rating just took a jump, so I will quit here, while I can...

Hug. JodyAnn

• Forum Moderator

I prefer thigh highs or just knee length stockings. It was a warmth thing this winter. Garter belts are sexy for sure but a pain to rig when you can just pull your stockings up. Sure they may drop a bit but if it is under who cares. They pull back up in a second.

Now no stockings please. Its warming up and bare toes are too nice to encase.

Hugs,

Charlie

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

For every day wear, lol, I prefer none of the above.

If it's for something seductive to wear for your partner, definitely thigh highs with a garter belt.

Guest Roberta TG

I love to wear pantyhose and stockings everyday!I feel so great in them!My favorite shades are nude and black,but sometimes i prefer to wear different colors.

Guest Guest_

Knee highs are great for when you dont want all the hassel, BUT their is nothing more feminine to me than a garter belt and stockings. This is the preferred items of Amber L. I dont even own a pair of panty hose, way to much trouble in my book. Thigh Highs are my seconf choice. Hugs Amber L.

I prefer pantyhose, they are simple to use for me, and I have a perfect excuse for buying them, they have tons of craft uses. Homemade silk screen painting for instance.

Guest meagan

Not so much doing Hose or stockings/thigh highs. I like the look though. I am a sucker for tights in textures and patterns, argyle prints being one of my favorite. When I do simple hose, they have to be 20D Satin opaque from Dim. They smell really pretty new from the packet. Have the perfect shine and even color and last for a loooooong time. I treat all my hose and tights like new born babies and always buy my favs in multiples just incase a pair does get a snag, run/ladder. The best tights hands down are my Trasparenze Hungary tights. They are such a unique argyle style. I sooooo can not wait until fall to pair them with a gorgeous pair of boots.

Guest RockmtalQueen

Love the thigh highs so far, the pantyhose just feels a little awkward with all that extra stuff down there :(

/hugs

Lexi ^^

Guest rita63

Defiantly a hose and garters girl, probably something to do with my age. I currently have to wear compression hose @ $100.00 a pair. The next pair I get will be women's they are really nice and sheer.

hugs rita

• 1 month later...
Guest kimberly c

Hi Girls, in the bedroom its thigh highs and a garterbelt, for skirts and dresses its always its pantyhose.

Love Kim

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jocelyn

I stopped wearing panyhose during the hot wheather, but I miss the feel of them. I started to wear thigh high stay ups and now that I wax my legs I don't find them uncomfortable at all. They are not as hot as the pantyhose and I get that great feeling on my legs.

cheers

Jocelyn

Guest Bellexia

My preference. Knee highs striped to go with the skirt I wear.

Stockings if I am forced.

Garter belt for sexy lovins time.

The rest of the time? Like lizzy, nuffin.

Guest sophia.gentry58

I simply love the look of a garter belt and stockings, I think its so sexy and feminine. However, when I tried putting one on I had such a hard time I thought I was doing something wrong. Finally, I gave up and never tried to venture that way again. Now that I know that they are just hard to put on I will purchase more; got rid of my last ones during my last purge. I do enjoy wearing pantyhose just for the feel of them on my legs. Usually during the winter though I find myself wearing more tights than anything. Since I am out to a lot of people at my job I will have the freedom to wear more shear pantyhose this winter.

Sophia

• 2 months later...
Guest zephyr lily

I only wear stockings and garter belts and of course a thong, sure dressing like this takes a little longer but, the feeling of being sensual and sexy goes hand in hand with my femininity.

I mostly wear short tight skirts so I have to make sure I get the extra long black stockings with the seams.

zephyr

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Squallsong

I own several fancy garter belts, and I love them, they are great for those "special" occasions when I want to get a point across (my SO likes them a lot, but I'm pretty sure she only owns two I bought for her and she never wore) For the most part I use high-thigh stockings with stay-up silicone bands. They have to be pulled up a couple times in the course of a day, but they are so much more comfortable than panty hose. I find pantyhose are too warm and considerably less convenient in the ladies' room too.

Be well and take care!

Guest carolynn2fem

Vintage flat knit stockings with a garter belt are sheer Heaven for me :) altho it is support pantyhose that I wear everyday, I never cared much for knee high or thigh high stay up's. I consider them to be cheaters

• Forum Moderator

Stockings may be sexier but panty hose for me - in lots of different colours - ideal for quick change of outfit.

Now winter is coming just got some fleece lined - very soft and comfy - could fall in love with them :)

• Forum Moderator

I'm all dressed up today and running an open studio tour. It is brisk with a breeze but warm in the sun. Thigh highs were the days choice. A nice thick black pair that makes me feel cute but also warm. Each day is different this time of year and it seems my choice of hose changes daily. Socks for farm work, bare feet and sandals for afternoon shopping as changeable as the fall weather in NJ. I never had these decisions to make as a guy. I like them now and it seems to come naturally.

Hugs,

Charlie

I have yet to wear anything but pantyhose. Now that I'm wearing them to work, they're becoming a bother. One thing that gets me is the extra time sorting everything out after using the restroom. Another is that I still have to use cotton undies for post-op comfort. The pantyhose just don't breathe well enough. I only wear dresses to work a couple days out of the week - and can wear knee-highs the rest of the time,

At least around here, however, pantyhose are half the price or less of stockings. On my budget, I'm sticking with the pantyhose for now...

Love, Megan

• 8 months later...
Guest Roberta-Belinda

It is tights for me everytime. I have been wearing tights since I was twelve. I have rarely worn a pair of tights that I haven't felt comfortable in. Last year I bought two pairs of hold up stockings by mistake. I didn't feel like returning them so I wore them. They were ok for about half an hour but they soon started to sag. I took them off and soon returned to my beloved tights. I would not mind trying stockings and suspenders for a change, but I am afraid of ruining them when putting them on. I would not mind wearing a pair of seamed stockings I have always hankered to look like a Woman in a forties movie.