• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

U.N. Secretary Calls for End to Anti LGBT Laws

Carolyn Marie

• Root Admin

A paper tiger for sure. The UN isn't too effective about anything

No more effective than the old "League of Nations" was. And history shows how well that went.

Guest Jenn348

"The Universal Declaration of Human Rights promises a world that is free and equal, and we will only honour that promise if everyone-without exception-enjoys the protection they deserve"

Ha!

Government can't provide the protection that any person deserves. When seconds count, cops will arrive in minutes (just in time to pick LGBT people off the proverbial barbed wire fence and zip up a body bag).

The best thing .gov can do is get out of the way and let LGBT people (and everybody else) protect themselves with modern means. If the gay guy who got shot in Greenwich Village had his own firearm, or if one of the gay guys with him had one, the murderer would've peed his pants and ran (that's what happens 98% of the time when a criminal attacks somebody with a gun).

The "Universal Declaration" is just a piece of paper. Anybody who thinks some piece of paper will protect them from murderous bigots needs to PM me so we can talk about some real estate deals...

The "Universal Declaration" is just a piece of paper. Anybody who thinks some piece of paper will protect them from murderous bigots needs to PM me so we can talk about some real estate deals...

I more or less agree.

Incidentally, I happen to have some lovely property in Arizona, with a wonderful ocean front view.

• Admin

A FABLE 5002 people fought a battle with armor, swords and cannon!! Two people left the field of battle and talked with each other. All the 5000 died in the battle. The two who talked lived and now control all that the others had sought to win.

• Forum Moderator

I may be a dreamer but i'm not the only one. Nations at least have a place to vent other than the battlefield. Sometimes venting is enough. Unfortunately they often need or feel they need more and distort the lives of many. There are plenty of people carrying guns in this world it doesn't need me shooting myself in the foot. My son died from an accident with a gun. I pray for peace but have learned to accept the stupidity of mankind. Mine included.

Hugs,

Charlie