• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Underworks: Double Front Compression Binder -vs- Tritop

Guest Keane

Underworks binders  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which binder do you prefer?

• Ultimate Chest Binder- Double front compression shirt
    • Tritop Chest Binder
    • A DIY binder (explain please)

So I'm deciding which binder to buy. My chest is about a 34B. So not that big, but not tiny.

I like the idea that the Tritop is shorter and would be more comfortable in hot weather (I'm sensitive to summer heat), but I heard that the material is rougher and stiffer and I'd prefer something softer.

I've heard lots of good stuff about the Double front but it looks like it would be more difficult to get on and off.

My boobs are kind of.... low.... so I would be willing to use a DIY thing but it would have to be strong enough to hold them up.

So if you have an underworks binder (especially if you have the Tritop) I'd like a review.

Thanks in advance :)

My chest is also around a 34 B, and I love the tri-top. I've tried the double front, but it doesn't get me as flat as I want it to. But the tri-top works really well for me. The material may be a little rougher, but after a few washes it's fine. The only downside is that if I'm wearing a white shirt, I have to wear an undershirt under it because you can see where the binder ends and my skin begins if you look at my back. Also, they tend to cut into my skin at the armpits a little when they're new, but after a few weeks it stops. In the meantime, I usually put a few sheets of toilet paper between the binder and my skin in the places where it's digging and chafing. But, on the whole, I definitely recommend the tri-top.

Otay the other day I made a binder out of those control top pantyhose and it compressed a lot but i got a small size and the waistband hurts my back, I haven't worn it since then but maybe it'll stretch out after a while.... Hmm. I might recommend it if I had gotten the one a size bigger than the one I got.

But I'm considering the Tritop more now :)

I use the Double Front, and it works fairly well, and I'm somewhere around a C or D cup. (Never wore cup bras, so not completely sure.) My one complaint is that because the neckline is so low it sometimes pushes my boobs over the neckline or something and makes this weird like...bulge self thing if I'm not careful. My necklace just kinda sits on it if I don't pay attention. So I'm looking for another option to try.

However I think I'd work fine for you, sounds like you're smaller than I am. >_<

I didn't vote since I've only had the double front. It works pretty well and I'm bigger than anyone's listed :P A trick with it is to adjust it so that the back is pulled down more so than the front because of how its cut and then pull everything inside it to the sides and away from the front. Gives you an added flatness. I wanted to try the tritop though cuz it did sound like it would make you flatter but chose the double because I'm not a "slim" type and didn't want it rolling up (for anyone who doesn't know, a rolled up, tight, binder cuts into ya really bad)-if you have a middle you might have to think about that with the shorter ones or you could do as I've heard folks do and add a regular, softer, more breathable "bottom half" on so that you could tuck it in underwear or pants and eliminate the rollup risk while at the same time keeping the comfort of a shorter binder.

Guest Stephan

I've never worn a binder yet.

Sorry to hijack this thread but since we're on the topic of binders, what would you guys suggest for someone who is HUGE on top..? I've yet to find a guy bigger than me. (I'm not fat or anything either. It's JUST my chest. Guh.)

Guest MrAwesome

I haven't gotten my binder yet, but, I think for me with me huge gut I need something long, and I wanna be able to walk around in summer with like a muscle shirt, so I wanna get the "The Cotton Concealer Compression Muscle Shirt Disguised Inner Panels for Extra Compression" one...

I think though personally if you're skinny, since the Tri top I think probably has more compression, go with it.

the "The Cotton Concealer Compression Muscle Shirt Disguised Inner Panels for Extra Compression"

I have one of those as well as two double fronts so I can compare those. The cotton muscle is softer/more comfortable than the double front and yes you loose some flatness but it does still compress. With a looser shirt you should still be satisfied with flatness.

I got the two double fronts in two different sizes (for anybody who's ever wondered if a "smaller than recommended" size is better). The one that's the "correct" size according to the instructions is actually the one I wear all the time. The "one size too small" one kills me and I'm not willing to be squoze. There's your feedback :P Squoze option is up to you. "Yeah" I guess it does give you even more flatness but it definately wants to be paid in discomfort lol. Plus I need to make like Houdini to get in it.

I just got my Tri-top today, gonna try it out for a few days and then I'll report back here on which I prefer. The one thing I noticed off the bat is that my double front is a helluva lot easier to get on. XD

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Keane
I just got my Tri-top today, gonna try it out for a few days and then I'll report back here on which I prefer. The one thing I noticed off the bat is that my double front is a helluva lot easier to get on. XD

Really? I would think the Double Front would be more difficult to put on since it's longer. How is it while you're wearing it?

Guest Zack L

Wore it a few days in a row, and I made a few observations.

1. Tri top gets me a bit flatter, which is nice.

2. Double Front is still easier to get on for me.

3. Tri top doesn't have so much of a rolling up issue for me as Double Front -- however if it does start to roll up (which is occasionally will) then it's much harder to fix without it looking awkward.

4. The armholes are much smaller on the Tritop. It's, in general, muh higher on the chest, higher neckline, and smaller armholes. This has been causeing a fairly big problem in that it digs in and causes a fair amount of pain. I'm considering trying to sew padding or something into the armpit and back parts so that I can wear it without having indents in my sides and back. Both are the same size, if I get this one again I'll be getting a bigger size. (Both are smalls)

5. Positioning. With the double front I look best if I pull my boobs down and to the sides, with tri top it looks best if I go up and to the sides, towards my armpits. Probably because it compresses better.

Hope that's helpful and informative and such.

Guest Jared

I like the tritop better. I've used both the tritop and double front. The double front for me rolled up badly and i would have to constantly pull it down even if i tucked it in. The tritop still rolls up but its not as annoying. I even started to just fold the little bit that usually rolls and that problem was fixed. It seemed to me also that after i "broke it in" so to speak it wasnt as bad (or i just got used to it haha)

i'm kind of medium build and about a size 34-36 B....i think...i dunno.

I also know that if you want to work out in the tritop it is great if you dont mind not being able to catch your breath LOL i would buy a size bigger if you plan on running any marathons with it. The double front is easier to breath in until it rolls up and tightens around your waist then its like a tight rubber band constricting . You could safety pin it to your pants though....just thinking outloud....or not. haha

I hope this helped some. I will say this though: Underworks is really fast with getting the product to you. there's my two cents... :)

Guest Zack L

I agree, I love Underworks, always comes within a few days of ordering.

Thinking maybe the Tritop might be better now that I've washed it, will be wearing it tomorrow, had chorus today and...well it's hard to breathe well enough to sing enough with Double Front, singing in Tritop is a nightmare. XD

Guest Evan_J
The double front for me rolled up badly and i would have to constantly pull it down even if i tucked it in. The tritop still rolls up but its not as annoying.

Hmm might have to try out that tritop.

Guest Keane
Wore it a few days in a row, and I made a few observations.

1. Tri top gets me a bit flatter, which is nice.

2. Double Front is still easier to get on for me.

3. Tri top doesn't have so much of a rolling up issue for me as Double Front -- however if it does start to roll up (which is occasionally will) then it's much harder to fix without it looking awkward.

4. The armholes are much smaller on the Tritop. It's, in general, muh higher on the chest, higher neckline, and smaller armholes. This has been causeing a fairly big problem in that it digs in and causes a fair amount of pain. I'm considering trying to sew padding or something into the armpit and back parts so that I can wear it without having indents in my sides and back. Both are the same size, if I get this one again I'll be getting a bigger size. (Both are smalls)

5. Positioning. With the double front I look best if I pull my boobs down and to the sides, with tri top it looks best if I go up and to the sides, towards my armpits. Probably because it compresses better.

Hope that's helpful and informative and such.

The pinching goes away once its broken in,after a few weeks i heard. Thanks for the review :]

• 1 month later...
Guest Keane

youtube.com/thefoosballwizard

I put up two reviews for the Tritop, but the 2nd one I say that I'm gonna return it cuz it was really tight but I broke it in and its fine now except for a bit of rolling up, so I put that one on private. But the first review is with me trying it on so you can see how it looks.