• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

4th injection, i am tired of needles!

Guest kobrax

Guest kobrax

I have been in and out of doctors offices because i have been sick with my stomach and ive been having to get so much blood taken it's insane! ontop of that i am doing my weekly shots, this is my 4th one. i did it today without having the "woozy" feeling but i did it a little too quick. i just dont like doing it and i want it over with. I used ice to numb the area for the first time just to see if the injection would be a little smoother, and it was. but silly me had the needle so the liquid was at the bottom and the air was at the top! so i probably injected the air first and then the T... doing this i missed some of the T because the air didn't have it's chance to push out the rest. i missed just a tiny tiny bit of T. I wanted to know if it was okay? just to miss some of the T.. i hate wasting it but i dont think i could have put the same used needle back in me.. lol

Guest Sarah Faith

Hon, I know how you feel I do injections as well and every time injection day rolls arouund I just want it done with because its annoying and injecting my self always makes me nervous.. It does get easier the more you do it though.. and I also use an icepack which makes it much easier.

There really shouldn't be very much air in the syringe to be honest. Are you talking about bubbles or like a large segment of air? Anyways Ive accidentally left a small amount of E in syringe before and it's been fine you just have to get better with it with each injection learning each time. :) Should be okay as long as you didn't inject a huge pocket of air in.

Sarah

Guest Kaylee234

If you do some positive association thinking maybe injecting will become easier and not such an ordeal. Just think about how much better and more yourself you feel with each injection.

I don't currently inject my hormones, though I did ask for the injectables when I got my prescription. I actually like needles. A lot. But that's a story for another time.

~ Kay

Guest MrAwesome

It's fine. That little bit of T won't make a big difference. It might be easier if you find someone else who can give you your shots??? It's easier when someone else does it instead of you.

Guest kobrax

@Sarah
My doctor said to leave air after the T, she said it's to create a band-aid type thing, so i don't lose any T if it tries to come out of me, i don't know how to explain it. i don't like doing it though because i know the air isn't good. I get all the air bubbles out as good as i can and leave some air after the T so the T can all go in and not get stuck in the tip of the syringe, because it always happens :( it's really hard to do because i do it where my fat is... so i kind of need to twist my body and inject.. haha

Guest LuceKeagan

I don't think the air is necessary. Think about it. When you draw the fluid into the needle there will be fluid in the needle as well as the syringe. So the amount of fluid in the syringe that you measure will be the same amount that is injected. The air bubble (supposed to be very small btw) is supposed to help block the T from seeping. But it doesn't always. I use those little spot bandaids and the effect is the same. The tiny amount of T that seeps has not affected my numbers one bit. If you're worried that much about seepage displace the top layer of flesh by holding it to one side before and while you inject into your muscle, pull the needle out and then release the flesh. This removes the direct needle wound path...and no air. Are you injecting into your glute muscle or the outside of your thigh?

Also another thing....ask a nurse about your injection and the air....not a doctor. I'm sorry to say but in my experience when it comes to the the actual giving of injections doctors know very little when compared to lab technicians and nurses.

By the way what gauge of needle are you using? That can affect the pain of injecting quite a bit in my case.