• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Experience with Henry Margu Wigs from TBS ?

Guest MaudeB

Guest MaudeB

Hi,

Does anyone here have experience with Henry Margu ALYSA Wig or other models as well ?

Are you satisfied ? Pros and Cons ?

Thanks !

• Admin

I have two Henry Margu wigs of about the length of the Alysa style and am very happy with them. Like any synthetic wig, there are care basics to keeping it looking good and wearing it, but those are really pretty simple and come with the wig. Be sure to brush it out thoroughly before first wearing it by holding it from the front of the wig and brushing from the ends up to the wefting, then hold it by the nape edge (back), and doing the same thing. You will do this every time you wash it, and if it is not kept on a wig head. Do not be afraid if some fiber comes out each time, Henry Margu and most synthetic wigs have twice to three times the amount of fiber than they need to look good.

If that is your face in your signature picture, the wig should look very good on you.

Don't be afraid to pick a color other than your own natural color, its a psychological hit on someone who figures out its a wig and you can say you like to have FUN with the different color. That is a very feminine thing to do.

Guest MaudeB

Thanks Vicky !

No it's not my face, rather it's Sarah Hamilton in Terminator 2... She spoke the line about the future not being set in my signature... She looks pensive at that point in the movie, like thinking about her future along those lines...

The wig I've chosen is a bit lighter than my natural color and it has highlights... The one in the picture actually on TBS.

Again, thanks for your comments and my avatar is really me, not being ready to show my face as it is purely masculine !

• Admin

Maude -- over in my picture gallery here, I have a set of pictures I set up on where and how to wear a wig. You will have to learn where to position the wig. Go on over and enjoy it, or at least scare the termites out of the house.

Guest MaudeB

I have two Henry Margu wigs of about the length of the Alysa style and am very happy with them. Like any synthetic wig, there are care basics to keeping it looking good and wearing it, but those are really pretty simple and come with the wig. Be sure to brush it out thoroughly before first wearing it by holding it from the front of the wig and brushing from the ends up to the wefting, then hold it by the nape edge (back), and doing the same thing. You will do this every time you wash it, and if it is not kept on a wig head. Do not be afraid if some fiber comes out each time, Henry Margu and most synthetic wigs have twice to three times the amount of fiber than they need to look good.

If that is your face in your signature picture, the wig should look very good on you.

Don't be afraid to pick a color other than your own natural color, its a psychological hit on someone who figures out its a wig and you can say you like to have FUN with the different color. That is a very feminine thing to do.

Uhhh ? From the ends up ? So you brush "against the grain" if I can express myself this way ? I guess you brush from up to down but starting from the end of the wig and climbing ?

Sorry for asking so dumb a question...

Guest MaudeB

Uhhh ? From the ends up ? So you brush "against the grain" if I can express myself this way ? I guess you brush from up to down but starting from the end of the wig and climbing ?

Sorry for asking so dumb a question...

Hoooo boy... Don't I wish for a delete button down this screen!

I'd remove that quote of mine in less than a heartbeat! As we often say in Québec's French: "Y'en a fumé du bon!" Meaning that one's have found some "really" good stuff and smoked it! It is said in a sarcastic way that shows how someone is quite delirious in what he said...

Dang ! Whatever I smoked when I wrote that question was "pretty pretty good"!

Please Vicky forget I ever asked!

I'll figure it out when I get the wig...

• Admin

My French couldn't get me safely across a street!!

I do in fact mean to brush the wig from the ends of the fiber, climbing up to the wefting that has the fiber tied onto the wig cap that goes on your head. This separates the fiber which gives the hair body and makes it more natural looking. I learned the trick from an actual wig stylist and manufacturers rep at a TG convention.

Now you know why I have 5 years sobriety from you name it.

Guest MaudeB

Ho Vicky,

I was not referring to you having consumed substances.. I was referring at my stupid question ! I know for a fact your a gentle and serious person and I wouldn't imagine you and "avoir fumé du bon!" No, the remark was entirely directed at my lack of sens when wrote my Question...

Now on another subject: it is appropriate to post a reference to a Youtube movie depicting a "very successful" transition to the point it's unbelievable the results ? It inspires me but I doubt I'll ever have the $$ ???

Here is the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZONpd3aiSy0

That person has an amasing story to tell...

Feel free to remove the link, I sought your advice .

Thanks !