• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

blood tests

Guest NoahCroz

Guest NoahCroz

So I went to the docs and he has booked me in for the 30th for blood tests for T. Is there anything I should be worried about with the blood tests to stop me from starting my transition?

How did it go for everyone else?

Thanks in advance

Noah ;)

Guest LizMarie

Blood tests are just blood tests, Noah.

If you are using recreational drugs or taking any other prescription medications, you should inform your doctor so they know what certain readings might be affected. If you are not doing either of the above and are reasonably healthy, then just take the test and wait for the results.

It's almost standard for a doctor to order a preliminary blood panel on almost everything before beginning HRT. This gives them a baseline to measure your progress in your body's biochemistry changes.

Unless something odd shows up, this should be considered routine.

Guest Carla_Davis

Hi Noah,

As Liz has said, Blood tests are used to provide a base line.

In addittion to monitoring your Testosterone levels, they want to be able to see if hormones are effecting any other areas such as kidneys, liver and other metabolic functions. It also gives them a gauge on what dosages of hormones to prescribe.

It should be routine.

Hugs,

Carla

Guest NoahCroz

Thanks Liz and Carla :) I guess I am just over stressing about it and keep thinking the worst thing to happen to me :s . Thanks for the messages - they have calmed me down ;)