• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

American Bar Association Releases Comprehensive Guide to Transgender Law

Guest LizMarie

• Admin

At $130.00 for non ABA members, it is not an impulse item, ABA members can get it for $30 less, but the ABA membership is steep too. At least we are now legal mainstream as far as the ABA goes.

I'm going to ask my Public Library to purchase a copy. I could also visit the Law School at the University of Missouri where I work and check it out as well.

It looks like a very worthwhile read. Kathryn

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to update that I heard back today and my school law library has purchased a copy!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 200 Guests (See full list)

• Abigail Genevieve
    • KathyLauren
    • MAN8791
    • Jamey-Heather
    • Nonexistent
    • Betty K
    • VickySGV
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Nonexistent
    Newest Member
    Nonexistent

1. Ben1868
      Ben1868
      (22 years old)
    2. Charity
      Charity
      (41 years old)
    3. EagerBeaver
      EagerBeaver
    4. Nagato
      Nagato
      (33 years old)
    5. Star
      Star
      (44 years old)
    • Astrid
      One of the nicest confirmations for me was when the 'new me' felt absolutely normal. I had, like almost everyone, felt very excited with each new development. But 6 years in, it's wonderful just experiencing things, like HRT, as daily rituals that are simply part of my life.   I also am privileged to have experienced a feminine perspective these last six years. It confirms how unhappy I was earlier, and things like masculine privilege and mansplaining are so apparent to me now.    Kind regards,   Astrid 
    • missyjo
      pattern top from torrid plus sky high flared jeans..wedges  hugs
    • missyjo
      thanks dear. I plan to. team of docs n I listen to them. hugs
    • Ivy
    • VickySGV
      OK, I have several things that should be going for me, but really don't make much difference.  I have been on HRT since 2009 but my height is 5'11 and 230 pounds, not much up top and have never done facial hair removal sol without make-up it is old lady white on my face.  Every now and then I get someone with that weird look on their face but rarely get fully "clocked" as Trans unless I am in a bunch of Drag Queens  even without being in Drag.  For the most part though I simply no longer worry about misgendering and "do not hear it" if it happens, but if I hear too much I just leave the situation.   Your genetics are playing a big part in your life due to the height and inability to "Bulk UP".  That said, in ordinary daily life are you trying too hard to "man up?" so that your actions are exaggerated and not convincing.  A chip on the shoulder male will invite more trouble that one not trying so hard.  Do you know who you are?  Be that person and the gender is easier to pull off.  I am an overweight feminine dressing older lady with dyed red hair and some minorly atypical ability to take part in "male interests" hobby wise and I can be assertive in business issues.    I have two Trans Male acquaintances who could be your body doubles.  One is a true friend and has male traits of interest in people, a willingness to care and be straightforward in masculine behaviors, is a good listener and a whole lot of that stuff in him.  He gets an occasional "read" but sloughs it off and doesn't respond.  The other acquaintance will remain just that since he is screechy, thinks he is a celebrity in the community and the whole garbanzo.  He is about 49% likely to be misgendered and go off in a persons face when it happens and makes the rest of us wonder why we keep him around.    We are our own worst enemies when judging what we look like , absolutely the very worst, and we will call attention to what we see as flaws and out ourselves as I did often in my first years.  By now the problem children in my life have moved on and the rest simply know me as ME and as the result it does not matter if I pass or not.  Hard facts not positivity.  It will take you time, maybe more time than I have to be around, but when all else fails, lower your demands and expectations and it will happen.
    • Ladypcnj
      Sorry, the powers that be doesn't want me to post about my story, they recently blocked my user IP.. but that's okay I have support from the Lgbtqai+ community, they know the full story the truth of what happened.
    • Nonexistent
      Hello, I'm new to the forum.   I'm a 22yr old trans guy. I've been on T for 6yrs, and I have both top surgery and a hysto. I have meta scheduled for next January.   Despite being on hormones for so long, I still don't pass well. I'm 5'1" which I can't change, no matter how much I hate it. I try and work out every other day, but I can't afford the gym so I just do bodyweight. I have a little muscle on my arms and shoulders, and pretty muscular thighs. I'm skinny overall but I do have a big butt.   The only facial hair I have is on my chin, and it's slight. My face is feminine, though my partners tell me it's not. If it was masculine though, then I wouldn't get misgendered. I think they have a bias from knowing me well and liking me. I have been told by a stranger that I have a feminine face after they misgendered me and my partner asked what made them think I was a girl (which was embarrassing, I prefer to just lower my gaze and walk away and sulk).   My hair has not made a difference in the frequency of misgendering. I had it natural color (brown), but my partner wanted me to dye it silver on the top so I did. This time it came out kind of dark and has a blue tinge to it, which I dislike, but it will lighten up. But all the advice I've heard is 'don't ever dye your hair!' Which makes me think it's why I'm getting misgendered, but in reality the frequency is the same. The sides are short, top is longer and swept to the side. Basic trans guy haircut #01. It comes in the trans guy training manual (lol). But if a cis guy had my haircut, nobody would misgender him. So it's not the hair. And bangs look awful on me so this is all that works. I do also have rounded glasses, which I have heard not to do, but square ones look awful on me (trust me, I've tried).   I wear basic clothes, nothing special. I don't have a washing machine or dryer, so I have to go to the laundromat sporadically when I can afford it. So I have to rewear the same thing multiple times. I just wear a t-shirt and shorts usually. I have 1 pair of jeans, the only pair I could find that fits me (I had to get them from the kids section). I feel like I should dress like guys typically do around here (I live in Texas), maybe it will help me blend in. Though I don't blend in with dyed hair. It makes me self-conscious, but I would feel bad changing it now since my partner just dyed it for me.   I live in a conservative state, obviously, being in Texas. So I don't know if that changes anything regarding passing.   I'm just so sick of it. I was given the hopes that I would pass easily on T if I was just patient, but that's not the case at all. I don't regret going on T, because I do like the changes that I have, but I wish it would do more to help me. People try to tell me I pass well, but I don't think I can trust them when strangers misgender me. It's contrary evidence. It seems like they are lying to me, and I don't appreciate it. I'd rather have my feelings hurt than be lied to.   There's always cosmetic surgery, but I'm schizophrenic and mentally disabled so I can't make enough money to afford that since I can't work.   If it's unfixable, then how do you cope with knowing you will never pass? Is there even any way to cope? How do I deal with getting misgendered? It just makes me so depressed every time, even though I don't care what random people think about me. It reminds me I hate how I look and that I look too feminine. And that I'll never look the way that I'm supposed to.   (Please no toxic positivity)
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Snap On dealer impressed with me,have been paying off my new toolbox off.About $2,000.00 left on the payments left.Said he had to repo one last week,guy quit making payments on it.He hates deadbeats big time
    • VickySGV
      I am a little confused about the word in your title there.    Defamation is a variation I know about, and it is akin to Libel and Slander in meaning, and could be the object of a court action or a couple of types.   If you are referring to the act of denying or taking away your feminine gender, ie. they keep using masculine names and pronouns or referring to you as  a "man" or "man in a dress", then yes it happens to me on rare occasion and if it is online, I simply block the moron doing it or leave the group where they are doing it, and may or may not come back if the person is there.  When people are willing to learn about Trans Folks I do give what are jokingly referred to as Trans 101 or even more in depth classes to the receptive and accepting audiences.  I DO NOT however try to teach a pig to sing, which as they say sounds like hell and annoys the pig.  If someone is invalidating your gender, get away from them safely and FAST.    
    • Ivy
      My inner child likes to cuddle with Blahaj.  I know it's weird, but it works for me.
    • Ivy
      I'm not sure they can do this.  Not on line anyway.  LOL   Defamation?  Not that I personally know of.
    • KathyLauren
      It's a sign! 
    • Justine76
      Nice! I've found myself shopping around for astrophotography gear more than once but haven't taken the plunge yet. To close to a metro area to do it from my home.
    • Ivy
      It never occurred to me to be able to see them here in the south.   Maybe tonight if it's not cloudy.
    • KymmieL
      @Willow Oh, yeah. been on anti-depressants for years. Actually 2 different ones. Take them each and every morning along with my other meds. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.