• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Help...or Advice...please?

Guest unsureone

Guest unsureone

I am a 15 year old boy who has many thoughts going inside his mind. From the outside, im a boy...but deep inside there is something that is nagging me -- the girl side of me. I don't know what to do...

I like being a boy but the thought of being a girl has been strong inside me. Sometimes i think of how i would be if i were a girl and sometimes i just wish that a magical geni would appear and grant my wish. No matter how much i try to live my life normal, i always have these thoughts.

Any advice or help???

P.S.

Personally, i dont care if i become a girl...

First I would like to welcome you to the forums, come on in and sit down.

Have a cup of hot cocoa and some cookies, the food is virtual the freindly people are not.

I am not a gender therapist so I am not going to try to trll you who you are.

I would suggest that seeing a gender therapist as a first step, they can help you to find where you need to go.

I'm a good deal older and just starting to transion to female.

We have the whole spectrum here and individually seperated forums as well, look around and read, ask questions, offer advice and give your opinions - we want to hear from you too.

Watch, a lot of nice people are going to be coming by.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Naomi Stardust

first off, there is no normal

second, there's been a shortage of geni's since i was a kid, i know because i was always looking for one

a gender therapist is a wonderful first step

but the first step is always the hardest

so for now, keep learning more about gender issues

talk to lots of people who have or are going through what you are

be patient, you don't have to figure everything out at once, even though it would be nice, it's not likely to happen

so try not to worry too much

and maybe

if you're comfortable

wear one girly thing in public

find a frizzy pink scarf, pretend it's a joke, you might feel better wearing it

and it might help to find out what other people think

but only if you are comfortable enough to try it

no point in doing that if you'll be a nervous wreck because of it

hope you find some good answers (even if they're not mine, which they're not likely to be)

good luck

Guest androgynous

Hi unsureone! :)

I agree with the other posters, but I also like to give my opinion and small gem of advice. First off: don't worry. It all will fall into it's proper place over time, even if you are unsure right now, understand that you have other feelings as well. You will benefit more from grasping those ideas & thoughts rather than to deny them. I would say: embrace those feelings, let it flow and don't be afraid of what others might think or say, or even do. Fear is the steppingstone to the next and maybe new level in your growth. But also be cautious with others, you might find out that not everyone will understand you, simply because it's special. You are special in your own way. But again, don't let that influence your life or your ideas of what you feel and what you think you are.

Society more or less expects everyone to be either one, male or female. If you feel that you are one of them, then be that. If you feel you are both (as in androgynous) or neither (also androgynous) then be that. But don't rush things, take time and explore what you like, where your interests are and keep them close.

As a help, there is something that I like to do pretty often:

I grab a piece of paper and write down MALE & FEMALE. beneath either I write down which things I have in common with that gender. This is fun, and it can clear up a lot of confusion. It might sound simple, but it's a good way to visualize what treats you share with the other gender. You can also make subdivisions where you write down what you like to look like, or how you want to be seen by others and also how you want to present yourself. Type of clothes, your interests in both gender treats. By doing this, you can find out more about yourself. If both lists do not match up, don't worry you still can be either, but have more of the other.

If you have any questions, please ask them, your not alone. B)

Guest Donna Jean

Oh my, Welcome to the Playground....

Have seat and get real comfey..

I think the advice has been good...no one here can tell you what you need to do..just suggest and try to help...

It's a big hard world, listen to some of these caring people...they care....OK?

Nice to have you here..

XXOO

Donna Jean

Guest Irielle
I am a 15 year old boy who has many thoughts going inside his mind. From the outside, im a boy...but deep inside there is something that is nagging me -- the girl side of me. I don't know what to do...

Hi Unsureone - I remember going through the same thing you are talking about. I went ahead and did the girly things I was comfortable with. My mom taught me to knit and crochet and my grandmother taught me to hook rugs and they all helped teach me to cook, things like that. I also did my boy things but I was never a tough guy at all. It was a hard time for me. I guess I just did what I was comfortable doing but still had to keep most of it a secret.

As far as not knowing what to do? Listen to her, listen to the girl inside of you and she will tell you what she wants and needs.

I like being a boy but the thought of being a girl has been strong inside me. Sometimes i think of how i would be if i were a girl and sometimes i just wish that a magical geni would appear and grant my wish. No matter how much i try to live my life normal, i always have these thoughts.

Wow, I waited forEVER for that genii but she never came. :( I always wanted a magic wand so I could change back and forth between being a boy and a girl depending upon how I felt at the time. It turns out I'm androgyne, I'm both male and female in a boy's body. I like being a boy but know I should have been born a girl. But I'm okay with that and I like the way I am.

Oh, and by the way? You ARE normal.

You. Are. Normal.

Just because you don't seem to fit the 'standard' by which gender and sex are measured by others does NOT in any way mean you are not normal. You are you and that is what matters. Those thoughts are you, honor them.

Follow your heart and pay attention to your dreams. They will always tell you the truth. It's okay if you are a boy, it's okay if you are a girl, it's okay if you are both, or neither one. It's okay whatever gender(s) you are. As long as you are happy and you are honest to yourself.

Everyone here is on your side.

Sorry, I do tend to go on :) - I don't like to see people in pain and I wish everyone happiness.

Big hug from me :)

Iri

Any advice or help???

P.S.

Personally, i dont care if i become a girl...

Yeah I waited for that genie too. Turned out he was a gray haired guy who transitioned 23 years ago :D (my therapist) Get a therapist, listen to yourself , the genie is there B) Oh, and listen to what Irielle says ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 270 Guests (See full list)

• Abigail Genevieve
    • Betty K
    • LittleSam
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

MossycupMolly
    Newest Member
    MossycupMolly

1. Carli05
      Carli05
    2. CharlotteD89
      CharlotteD89
      (35 years old)
    3. JamieL
      JamieL
    4. Jenny
      Jenny
      (71 years old)
    5. Katek
      Katek
    • LittleSam
      Hi Giz, welcome. There's so many different ways to be trans and you're so welcome here. I wish you luck in achieving your goal of being more androgynous. There's forums in here that might suit you and your goals. I look forward to hearing more from you. I go by he/they pronouns at the mo.
    • Lydia_R
      Hello @JenniferB!  Was kind of in the same boat with this.  I spent massive amounts of energy over several decades to try to control my drinking and drug use.  Because I'm highly disciplined, I was ultimately successful.  I felt I could have gone on with controlled drinking for the rest of my life without problems, but it got to the point where I realized that it wasn't worth all the energy I was putting into it.  At that point I found surrender.  I got a sponsor, attended almost daily meetings for a year, worked the steps to the best of my ability, tried my best to socialize with people even though I am an introvert, I made a mess for myself at the meetings and felt a little rejected.  And then I continued on doing a little service work.   After a few months away from it, I'm in a good spot.  I accidentally ate one of my roommates edibles a couple months ago.  I have only smoked a half ounce of weed in the last 20 years.  After it kicked in, I realized that it was a marijuana high.  Then I noticed something miraculous.  I just told myself that there is nothing I can do about it and then got on with the business of the evening like I normally would.  It was like the high just ended right then and there.   Controlled drinking like I was doing was just very risky behavior and not worth the effort for me.  In any case, I'm very happy that I spent my life fighting it all instead of just giving into it.  I think that whatever you put into something, you eventually get back out.   Meetings are cool.  People generally get equal time to share.  Seeing people who are struggling reminds me of the way I was and why I want to remain sober.  And by being there, I have the potential of helping someone else.  The stuff I don't identify with I just do my best to not let bother me.  And if it gets bad there, I don't have to go back.  I can find another meeting or even just read the literature.  The literature helped me a lot.
    • Ladypcnj
      Happiness to me is when I reached a turning point in my life, that I stop worrying what others think about me, and start living my life. 
    • Carolyn Marie
      Very, very true.  The number of murders committed by strangers in 2022 was only about 10 percent, per the FBI.   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      Courageous film maker, and amazing subjects.  That is an incredible journey to make in so many ways.  Thanks for sharing the link, @Davie.   Carolyn Marie
    • Mmindy
      Good afternoon everyone,   I often wondered why @April Marie and @Willowgot up so early in spite of being retired. Now that I have my own puppy as a house pet I get it. We haven't had dogs since before my oldest granddaughter was born 22 years ago this September. I've always had working hunting dogs, and it was important they became acclimated to the current weather conditions. While the kennels had large outdoor runways, they also had pet passes into the somewhat temperature controlled garage. Yes, they were allowed in the house but only for short periods of time. Fast forward to present time, and I'm potty training a puppy as well as crate training. The first night Parker Von Schwinegruber, slept from 10:30 until 05:30. Last night we went to bed and 10:30 and he started making noise at 05:00. Since I don't want to test his ability to hold his business, we got up and went outside. He took care of business and we went back to sleep. This time he had a dental chew bar and I filled his water bowl. We cat napped until 08:00 and then got up for the day taking him immediately outside. He took care of business, and we played fetch and tug of war with his now favorite puffball. We came in and I put him back in the crate positioned so he could see me cook breakfast. Did he NO HE WENT TO SLEEP! We ate breakfast, did the dishes, and finished off the pot of coffee I brewed at 08:00. Once he woke up we stared at one another for about 20 minutes, because he seemed content to be in the crate. I got up and we worked on some obedience training as well as getting into and out of the crate with permission. We don't want him to crash the gate or any doors we will be going through.   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋  
    • VickySGV
      I have not heard about it here in California, but then again we have events of various sorts going on very often, and not just in the June Pride Month.  We have Trans Fashion Week going on at a hotel complex over in West Los Angeles for the next three nights featuring shows by Trans fashion designers and modeled by Trans and NB people on the runways there.  I missed a chance for some free tickets and while I know and love many of the participants I do not want to pay for the tickets which will be in the $50 to $75 range, and which at those prices are nearly sold out.  (Not to mention $25 valet parking each night at the venue complex.).  There will be actual high end fashion buyers there though and it is an area where we are gaining some good footing.  I also admit that NONE of the fashions are going to be anything at all that would fit my basic personal style but look fine if not crazy on my much younger Trans siblings who will model them. (Ok everyone else keep on @Mirrabooka's topic.)
    • Ivy
      TBH, Never heard of it.
    • Mmindy
      Welcome to TransPulseForums @gizgizgizzie    I hope you find this place as helpful as I do. I’m also in a slow transition living in the androgynous world. I’m out to my grown children and my extended family with mixed support from them. Some have cut me out of their lives and others want me to be their flamboyant family member.    Best wishes, stay positive and motivated    Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Davie
      To escape Gaza is already an achievement. And then to be trans?’: the women defying national and gender boundaries. https://www.theguardian.com/film/article/2024/may/16/yolande-zauberman-documentary-the-belle-from-gaza-cannes-film-festival
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Accidents happen.  So do heat-of-the-moment murders, without premeditation or trans-related hate.  It will take a trial to really figure it out.     One thing we can see from this is that it is people in our circles of acquaintances, friends, and partners who are the ones who usually hurt us.  Not someone random. We have to be careful who we trust.
    • ClaireBloom
      You look so cute in that pic Ashley!  
    • Birdie
      A bit of bra humour...
    • Mirrabooka
      Friday May 17th is IDAHOBIT (International Day Against HOmophobia, BIphobia and Transphobia).   Do you acknowledge or celebrate it? Do you do anything special for it, like taking part in any organized events or activities?   I'm not an activist and I prefer to fly under the radar, but I am slowly becoming aware of important dates. I have been aware of the date of IDAHOBIT for a few weeks now, but other important 'rainbow' dates have not been etched into my brain yet.    I will wear my favorite pride t-shirt as a token acknowledgement of the day, but it probably won't be seen; cool weather here will mean that it will be hidden under a sweater.    
    • Mirrabooka
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.