• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Fianlly Shaved

Guest April63

Guest April63

So I finally decided to shave my legs completely. Previously, I shaved my thighs on and off, but yesterday, I shaved everything. Thighs, calves, all of it. They look so weird! I looked at my calves and thought, "These aren't my legs!". It's so freaky, but they feel so good. They're soo smooth! I feel like such a girl now! Anyway, random tid bit of the day.

April

Guest Donna Jean
So I finally decided to shave my legs completely. Previously, I shaved my thighs on and off, but yesterday, I shaved everything. Thighs, calves, all of it. They look so weird! I looked at my calves and thought, "These aren't my legs!". It's so freaky, but they feel so good. They're soo smooth! I feel like such a girl now! Anyway, random tid bit of the day.

April

Oh, April...that's great!

You like the feel and look...that's what it's all about.....You like it!

Now....step over here and let me look.........

Hey....Nice!

Donna Jean

So now you finally joined the rest of us girls, I shaved mine the first time when I was in college - I couldn't before then because I sidn't have any hair.

Keep 'em smooth and you'll love it.

Love ya,

Sally

Coolness, April!

I got lucky on the leg shavin' dealio. I'm pretty glabrous in that area and only gotta hit mine a coupla times a month, if that.

But yeah, to reinforce the other chicks on this, it is a kinda sweet little addiction of sorts. Tear it up, Sweety!

Guest Irielle

Way to go! I have shaved for ages, I only keep hair on my head and a little on my arms because of work. That itchiness will go away. I absolutely hate hair. I love being smooth. You'll never go back!! :lol:

Guest Kelly Ann

get a loofah sponge April...if it's wrapped and compressed soak it in water it'll explode/grow...erm, I'll keep my mouth shut further on that :P let it dry out and use it every day lightly in a circular motion, one way then the other. It'll be scratchey so not too hard. I use a dry one before the electric tweezers (epilator) and a wet one (different) in the shower. Just don't go too crazy with a razor too often...ingrown hairs are such a downer. A decent cordless ladies electric that can be used in the shower is worth it's weight in...erm, raspberry squeezie pops? LOL...you go girl! :blink: Kelly Ann

Guest April63

A loofah sponge? Don't think I've ever heard of one of those.

Raspberry squeezie pops? Dang, those are fantastic! So is that cordless electric cheaper than what it's worth, or does it cost the same? Or is it more expensive?

April

Guest Kelly Ann

My Panasonic was about 20.00 at the bullseye store and I've see them at the chain drug-stores too it will say wet/dry on the package...I think Remington makes one too :) no preference here...I've had mine several years now...LOL...I may have to go look there's probably a 'new and improved' model out there. The one I currently have also has a 'pop-up' trimmer that works well and a matching one on the other side that doesn't 'pop-up'. In the long run it's cheaper that razors, less scratchy and probably less likely to create those ingrowns...Loofahs are a natural sponge...usually in the bath dept April. Hope this helps :P love the tounge...I stick mine out often enough brrrzt, LOL, Kelly Ann

• 1 month later...
Guest April63

They don't itch anymore, but there's a few red bumps and spots, especially on my thighs. It seems like they're the least visible in the mornings after I wake up, and a few days after shaving. But soon after I shave, they seem to get a little bit bigger. How do I get rid of these? I already use moisturizer after I shave, so I don't think that's it. I do shave upwards, but all of the other girls do that, and don't get these bumps.

April

Guest RainBird

I have this problem also and it is really frustrating especially when I want to wear a skirt or short shorts, it may possibly be due to the fact our hair is more coarse than that of GGs, not sure.

These red spots can also cause scarring which kinda' looks like freckles :(

If there is a full-proof solution out there.. I would LOVE to know it! :D

xxoo

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

April

They feel better when you're lying in bed at night and rub your legs together and all you feel is soft smoothness.

It's fun being a girl (most days). :)

My two cents - You just gotts temper yuor legs with continued shaving to build the skin up (I don't mean shave every day) & use a lotion.

Cheers Geej

Guest mia 1

Yeah red itchy bumps it's part of the whole deal..use cocoa butter and you can get the cheap cocoa butter cream at Walmart it's called Queen Helene how apprpriate....Ha! but it works great,,gets rid of the itch and the irritation...Congrats on your journey...Mia

Guest Lizzie McTrucker
you can get the cheap cocoa butter cream at Walmart it's called Queen Helene how apprpriate....Ha! but it works great,,gets rid of the itch and the irritation...Congrats on your journey...Mia

Not to mention it comes in a gigantic bottle!

Guest April63

Cocoa butter? I might give that a try. What do you think of aloe vera? Does it work any better than any other moisturizer?

I read somewhere that cortisone cream helps get rid of them. Has anyone tried it? Also, has anyone tried the lotions that are supposed to remove ingrown hairs? Do they really do anything?

April

Guest ~Brenda~

Hi April,

I am glad that you have had the wonderous feeling of shaved legs!!! If you don't already, I suggest that you shave your arms, underarms, chest, and back!! You will feel wonderful!!!

xox

bernie

Guest April63

I've trimmed my back hair a little bit, but it was a little tricky, and shaving will probably be even worse. I haven't done anything to my chest yet. I don't like the way it looks, but I don't think it will look any better hairless. Haven't touched my arms or the pits, but I have thought of trying the pits.

But anyway, back to the red bumps. By the way, they don't really itch. They just look ugly. Has anyone gone through this phase and come out with clean smooth legs?

April

Guest mia 1

Oh yeah...I shaved my legs as a competitive bike racer form 1982 through 2006 finally retired as a Cat IV master (low on the totem pole) and I tried to let my leg hairs grow back (Don't Ask) and for nearly a year had those little bumps (little pustules) and finally they went away.....but then when I came out I started shaving again and with that giant jar of Queen Helene I've had no problems with the postules.......as far as Aloe goes why not try it.....but the hydro cortisone is good for muscle aches and massage,,and maybe for topical infections but I'm not sure....................Good Luck Fun ................Huh! B)

Guest doodle

Good for you April. I remember having red bumps like you described they went away. I also do my underarms and arms. looks great feels great. I'm thinking of trying one of the electric shavers described earlier. I have psoriasis and the razor bothers the lesions on my legs. I know this is a big thing for you and it was a neat and brave thing to do for yourself.

doodle

Guest Chloe the other one

This seems like a good place, to ask this

Do any of yall get ingrown hairs when you shave? My chest usually looks very bad because of all of them then when they get popped it get all red. The same thing on my back. I am lucky that my legs and pits dont get any bumps or rashes.