• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hysto - Does It Increase Hormones Effects?

Guest Mark_K

I've been struggling with passing still, even after 6 years on T.

I'd like to get a hysto, and was wondering if anyone noticed an increased effect of T after surgery? I only know one guy whos had this surgery, and he got a lot fuller beard after hysto, but he also got some weight gain.

Anything else I can expect if I get this surgery?

Guest matthew41

Hey Mark,

After a hysto your hormones are no longer in competition so T can be more effective. Its also normal to reduce T dosage afterwards for the same reason. Weight gain is usually a temporary effect. Any other benefits are linked to genetic potental so everyone does react a bit differently. Sorry thats not much help.

Matt

I was gonna say what Mark said but he beat me to it :P And thanks Mark for lettin me know it was temporary, I gained six pounds and was crushed (just had it done Last month).

Guest Sydney_W

I'm unsure about getting the hysto myself. Let's bring up the effects you were wondering about - are there any negative effects of not getting the hysto and/or vaginectomy?

I'm unsure about getting the hysto myself. Let's bring up the effects you were wondering about - are there any negative effects of not getting the hysto and/or vaginectomy?

What Matt said about it "competing" with the male hormone and some people (some doctors that is) feel that theres an increased risk of cancer staying on T past a certain point with the atrophied uterus and ovaries (and they have to atrophie if the T is effective and not atrophying is also a health worry since it too can precursor health problems since you are adding T.)

Negative "effect" of not getting a vaginectomy would be gettin caught in a mens locker room with the "bajingo". The reason its done though when you do urethral lengthing and "typically" when you do a phalloplasty is the way most physicians construct the genetalia it is "on" that space utilizing it so there would never be a way to get to the uterus, ovaries or canal if there was a problem there. Therefore they remove them so that it isn't an issue. ALSO some hospitals/ members of the medical community have "refused" treatment to transmale patients (yes in emergency rooms and emergency situations) when "both" genetalia or conflicting genetalia with reproductive organs exist. They "don't want to deal with that" and claim "its too confusing for them to understand they'd rather pass to someone else". And in a country where "conscientious objection" has been extended to doctors (you can thank Bush) it is legal for them to do so on the grounds that "it disagrees with what I believe in". (a reason some doctors will not treat trans people at all)

What Matt said about it "competing" with the male hormone and some people (some doctors that is) feel that theres an increased risk of cancer staying on T past a certain point with the atrophied uterus and ovaries (and they have to atrophie if the T is effective and not atrophying is also a health worry since it too can precursor health problems since you are adding T.)

Negative "effect" of not getting a vaginectomy would be gettin caught in a mens locker room with the "bajingo". The reason its done though when you do urethral lengthing and "typically" when you do a phalloplasty is the way most physicians construct the genetalia it is "on" that space utilizing it so there would never be a way to get to the uterus, ovaries or canal if there was a problem there. Therefore they remove them so that it isn't an issue. ALSO some hospitals/ members of the medical community have "refused" treatment to transmale patients (yes in emergency rooms and emergency situations) when "both" genetalia or conflicting genetalia with reproductive organs exist. They "don't want to deal with that" and claim "its too confusing for them to understand they'd rather pass to someone else". And in a country where "conscientious objection" has been extended to doctors (you can thank Bush) it is legal for them to do so on the grounds that "it disagrees with what I believe in". (a reason some doctors will not treat trans people at all)