• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Side benefit of Cross Dressing

Guest AshleighP

Guest AshleighP

I have recently noticed an additional benefit to cross dressing on a regular basis. My posture is much better when I am dressed as Ashleigh or not. Making a concerted effort to stand straight has made a huge difference in my overall confidence and poise. Walking in heels helps also (lol). I feel I have a general softer, gentler attitude and composure. My movements have become less harsh for lack of a better word.

Nothing an earth shattering revelation, but I thought I'd share. Anyone else have similar experience?

Guest Lelia VA

You are absolutely right, Ashleigh! When you are dressed your posture enhances your figure and that posture will always improve your grace and your general well being! Poor posture cramps your internal organs, muscles and joints.

Hope your day goes well. How did things go with the makeup yesterday at work?

Hugs!

LeeLee

Guest AshleighP

Thanks LeeLee.

Things went well enough yesterday that I am wearing makeup again today. Makes me feel more like myself.

Also, found some tights on sale at Walmart today. 2 pair for $3! A girl has to love a bargain. So, today I am wearing a new pair of opaque purple tights under my jeans in addition to the makeup. Love that feeling!

Guest Jenny Lou

Hi , oh yes I notice and feel so much better when being dressed, I walk and stand different, always being aware of how to come across to others. Love It!

• Forum Moderator

I'm not sure improved posture is down to cross dressing - at least not for me. The improved posture for me comes from thinking who I am and looking the part (ie feminine, even when dressed as male). This includes mannerisms as well as posture - deportment!

Tracy x

Guest Eve Caillard

Hi Ashley, and Tracy

I totally agree with you both. When wearing heels I find my posture and walk change to match them and becomes much more feminine, and how I love that. And that feeling seeps through to my male life and I find myself placing one foot before the other and walking with straight back and pride. Just remembering and thinking of my Eve life perks me up and keeps me balanced, centred and with that extra 'zing' in my posture! I had not really thought about it but your posts brought it into mind. I do have to catch myself at work and remember to walk more 'male'.

Hugs

Eve

Guest Penelope

Hi Ashleigh,

Your posture may have also improved because you are getting in touch with yourself and feeling more self-confident and relaxed; whether 'en femme' or not.

Big hug,

Penny

• Forum Moderator

I can't say that dressing makes a difference for me any more. Perhaps at first it did but since i dress 24/7 posture seems to improve when i'm doing yoga or at times i stand up as tall as i can so i can't see that unwanted bulge below.

Hugs,

Charlie

I agree with what you said, Ashleigh. I think my overall demeanor changed.When I first put on heels they felt so natural. My wife helped me with some mannerisms and what and what not to do.

:)

• 1 year later...
Guest Debutante

Yes, dealing with creating a better posture for myself is a goal. I see how women

keep their posture so shoulders back, straight back, and keep a wonderful calm and

presence. All I this I want too!

Guest sandra6sandy9sand

Hi AshleighP,

In addition to better posture, I think that I am more patient, loving and careing. My feminie side is very strong so my feelings are always right up front. I cry when I see a Halmark commercial; when I have to say good by to a friend or relative when I won't see then for a while; "chick flicks" almost always end wirh tears running down my face.

I think my posture is better because I am proud to represent me as me.

Sandra

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Eve Caillard

Sandra, I find the same. Once I dress my feminine comes to the front and I am very sensitive. It is as if I have given it permission to be free. That said, I am a big softie anyway. Like you I blub at the slightest provocation. I am not at all masculine. As I've said before to others, I really cross-dress to get away from my male responsibilities and emotions. It is freedom for me.

Hugs

Eve

• 2 weeks later...

My posture definitely improves EVEN WHEN I'm NOT en femme. I now walk with more poise, shoulders back, and one foot in front of the other, arms at my side with a soft movement.

My "male" walk feels so wrong and I am trying to eliminate it completely.

Old habits die hard but I'll keep working at it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jocelyn1975

My wife and sister in law have noticed me taking better care of my skin and posture has been something I have been working on. I feel confident. My wife is the only one that knows I crossdress so the comment from my sister in law was a welcomed surprise

Guest lisaw41

for me i feel more relaxed and calm when i am Lisa.. its like i am in my own skin finally and not hiding behind a mask.. and yes walking in heels does make you stand up straight and proud