• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Poem Before You Sleep

Sally

I wrote this poem to my dear friend Zabrak last night as we had been exchanging PMs for a while. I feel a special closeness to him because he came into my life at a time when events around me had left me almost totally numb emotionally. I saw a post from him and it moved me to respond, I had no choice it had awakened my soul, the numbness was gone and I had to reach out to help this young man. We helped each other and have become great friends separated by thousands of miles and almost four decades in age we have a bond that I cherish, he awakened all of the good things in my heart and soul. I had never been able to write a poem in my life until after that night when fate brought Zabrak to me. Now I write them almost by accident. He was getting ready to sign off and get some sleep so I wrote this in a PM to my adopted son, Zabrak:

A Poem Before You Sleep

by Sally Michelle Jackson

I love you and wish you all of the best

and sweet dreams when you do decide to rest.

Leave all of the troubles of the world behind

that is the secret for true happiness to find.

Live each day and don't try to save it as gold

Let it go and wait and watch the next unfold.

It is my way of telling all to forget about all of the problems of the past, they are by definition gone and look forward to each new day as a fresh start.

Love ya,

Sally

Not only great thoughts and good poetry, but not a typo in the lot.

Excellent job as usual from our tender hearted caring about the humanness of us all..our Great Earth Mother Sally clap clap,,,Bravo Bravo We love you. Mia.

And thanks for the personal story about you and your son "Z' man. B)

Guest Donna Jean

That's so nice, Sally.......you never fail to make a shiver run up my spine.....maybe a tear....

You are such a caring person.....

Love & Huggs.....

Donna Jean

• 2 months later...
Guest Neuro

So beautiful, and I don't even read much poetry--! Remind me so much of the prayers my mother used to read to me before sleep, the comfort and peacefulness. I might end up reading it every night before bed--! It inspires me to draw when awake.

• 1 month later...