• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

LA Transwoman Invites Councilman to Stone Her

Carolyn Marie

Great Move! If your going to use the bible to defend your views then you can't just pick and choose. Challenged to fulfill what the bible called for he chickened out.

Mia

Guest Kalie Aowynn

Talk about" Bold As Brass". I mean that took guts to step up and tell it like it is. And to bring the stone well shows she spiritually still has stones.I wonder what was racing through that wee little brain of his at the moment he was called out..Make no mistake she was calling him out and it was the OK Corral all over again.

Guest LizMarie

The radical right wing religious bigots must pick and choose. They cannot exist without that internal cognitive dissonance. They ignore the fact that the exact same Hebrew word is applied to other sins, like eating shellfish, wearing dual fiber clothing, planting more than one crop in a single field. They ignore that the Bible explicitly condones slavery, that the Bible objectifies women and makes them property.

That is the problem with taking such religious writings absolutely literally. They will demand that you take positions that are completely irrational so in defense of their own egos, they ignore that which they cannot stomach and focus extra hard on that which they believe they can shove down other people's throats.

Progressive Christians, New Testament Christians, focus instead on Christ's simple commandments - love one another as you love yourselves, and forgive one another. To such progressive Christians, that is the focus of the message in the Bible, a progressive message of love, forgiveness, and hope.

To the radical right wing religious extremists, their focus is a Pharisaic like obsession with the law, but only those parts of the law that allow them to feel morally smug and superior to their "unsaved" brethren. I understand this mindset better than many might realize as I've watched my two sons marry into it and slowly be changed. And that's not me saying that. That's all their old friends who have commented to me about how close minded they are now about everything, not just trans issues.

That city councilman sounds exactly like my sons.

• Forum Moderator

That was a sweet move. It certainly puts a mirror to the face of any form of hurtful prejudice.

Hugs,

Charlie