• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Nail polish

Guest Cody76

• Admin

I dry mine in front of a fan. It takes about 8-10 minutes, on average.

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

I dry mine in front of a fan. It takes about 8-10 minutes, on average.

Carolyn Marie

My nail tech has me do the dry out for 10 minutes with either a fan, or a fan and ultra violet light, depending on the type of polish. Yes I am bragging about getting mine done in a salon.

• Forum Moderator

I have found it tends to depend on how many layers you apply as well. The first layer seems to dry quickly but application of further layers / colours, especially perhaps too soon after the first results in a much longer wait as it is soft for quite a while.

Some types dry faster than others (some are designed to be quicker drying).

Tracy

• Forum Moderator

All of the above and i'll add rarely quickly enough. If you go to a salon pay before they do your fingers and get your car keys out. Flip flops if your getting your toes done. Reaching into your purse can damage the paint. Mine has always touched me up when i mess up but i am getting better at being prepared. Even after the drying they are vulnerable for some time.

Hugs,

Charlie

• 4 months later...

How long does it take to dry?

Forever! At least that's what it seems like.

That's actually a very good question - I never timed it, and it probably depends on the brand of the nail polish and how many layers you are putting on, but I normally take ages to make sure it dries well, because I have been burned before by not being patient and ruining the coating...

Mila

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ToriLynn

I use Nail Lacquer and mine dry pretty. quick I have never timed it but around 10 minutes and with two or three coats my nails look good for for a little over two weeks before i have to redo them.

Tori