• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Fortieth Anniversary Of Discharge

Tomorrow, March 7th, will be the 40th anniversary of my discharge from the army. It was an interesting three years, three years I needed to experience. I served during the tumultuous years of the Vietnam War (1971-74). I just missed going there and also to Korea. Looking back on it, I realized that I served with some unique and skilled men and women. Today, I am receiving benefits from my years of service.

It bothers me that there's talk of cutting benefits which is a disgrace. There's over a million homeless veterans which is a crime. I pray that the VA, politicians, and leaders will not ever forget the sacrifice these men and women have made. To those who have served, I salute you for your years of service.

:)

Guest mbmeen12

Thank you hun for the nice post. I am currently still in and very close to retirement. Then off to the VA to get some treatment of the dreaded GID.

Guest LizMarie

Senator Bernie Sanders (independent, Vermont) recently admonished the rest of Congress that cutting veterans benefits was immoral. He quipped that if you can't afford to take care of the men and women of whom you ask such sacrifices, then stop spending money on wars to begin with. He's right. If we're going to demand sacrifices of young men and women in service to our country, then we owe it to those same young men and women to help them when they return.

Thank you, Genee. In one month and 17 days it will be 29 years since I left the service myself. The Army surely did not "make a man" of me, but it did teach me many valuable lessons.

Guest Megan_Lynn

This fall it will have been 14 years since I left the Army. It is very sad so many benefits are not there for our veterans while the scum of congress will continue to get insanely high benefits for the rest of there life's.

Thank you hun for the nice post. I am currently still in and very close to retirement. Then off to the VA to get some treatment of the dreaded GID.

Hope that all goes well for you.

Senator Bernie Sanders (independent, Vermont) recently admonished the rest of Congress that cutting veterans benefits was immoral. He quipped that if you can't afford to take care of the men and women of whom you ask such sacrifices, then stop spending money on wars to begin with. He's right. If we're going to demand sacrifices of young men and women in service to our country, then we owe it to those same young men and women to help them when they return.

Thank you, Genee. In one month and 17 days it will be 29 years since I left the service myself. The Army surely did not "make a man" of me, but it did teach me many valuable lessons.

You're absolutely right, LizMarie.

This fall it will have been 14 years since I left the Army. It is very sad so many benefits are not there for our veterans while the scum of congress will continue to get insanely high benefits for the rest of there life's.

They are an embarassment to the country and the constituencies they allegedly suppose to represent.