• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Plus size model pic

Guest SouthernBelle

Guest ashleynikole

I suppose you could get that way by some miracle, but I wonder if you couldn't get that way by shedding as much weight as possible to remove the man fat deposits and then once on E, just put on the weight and see where your body puts it. If your body stores fat in given places that differ based on male and female, and your hormones control the placement of that fat, then logic dictates that losing as much as you can from the male side of the fence, and then putting it back on, on the female side of the fence, should get you pointed in the right direction. Now all this hinges on your genetics as well, so YMMV.

I'm going to be starting some intense training in the next few weeks (Insanity, P90X, T-25, etc) just so I can start the fat moving process. I'll let ya know how it works.

• Forum Moderator

Not bad. I am looking forward to weather for a little leg to show. At my age not quite that much, however.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

I wish I looked like a few people too-all much taller and younger than I am.

Funny thing is I always wanted to be tall and long legged even as a woman yet ironically my tall long legged daughter wants to be short and tiny while my tiny granddaughter wants to be tall like her mother. And my short SIL just cant accept being a little man. I've even heard movie stars complain about their looks. Like Brad Pit used to hate being a pretty boy and Angelina Jolie so thin. I wonder if anyone ever really likes the hand they were dealt?

But I'll take what I've gotten since transition. It's better for me than what I had for sure.

Johnny

• Forum Moderator

If I looked how I wanted I would be a chameleon changing daily! I would also be conceited (I hope I'm not!)

Think about a good aproximation and work toward it - perhaps a little less food, no drink, keep hydrated, moisturised etc - think of the admiring glances!

Probably none of us will ever get there but we will be fitter, like ourselves better and if lucky - attract romantic attention!

Work towards it!!

Tracy

Guest Jennifer T

Think about a good aproximation and work toward it - perhaps a little less food, no drink, keep hydrated, moisturised etc - think of the admiring glances!

Admiring glances. Hmmmm. Honestly, in my day I've had my share of those looks, but as a man. I'm a decent looking guy, I suppose. Tall, dark, athletic build. BUT, I make a very ugly woman. There would never be any admiring glances my way.

And FTR, while Jennifer is a dreamer, T is a realist.

Sigh...

Guest Jennifer T

I wish I looked like a few people too-all much taller and younger than I am.

Funny thing is I always wanted to be tall and long legged even as a woman yet ironically my tall long legged daughter wants to be short and tiny while my tiny granddaughter wants to be tall like her mother. And my short SIL just cant accept being a little man. I've even heard movie stars complain about their looks. Like Brad Pit used to hate being a pretty boy and Angelina Jolie so thin. I wonder if anyone ever really likes the hand they were dealt?

Yeah, I've often wondered that as well. I've seen absolutely stunning women (by just about anyone's standards) hate they way they look. And it always takes me by surprise.

• Forum Moderator

Not everyone can be beautiful. But everyone can be attractive. If you look at actresses and actors -and more realistically at the people around you-it is not those with great looks that you are drawn to but to those who are attractive. Who radiate fun or confidence and self-acceptance. Sometimes when you stop and really look at someone you find attractive you may find that they are actually not pretty at all.

The bottom line truth is that people will ultimately see you as you see yourself. It is believed 85% of communication is non-verbal and that non-verbal communication trumps verbal every time. That is body language. If you are saying I am a great person who has faced life with courage and done my best people will see that. If you think instead"I was born wrong and will never be pretty or attractive" they will see that too. And treat you accordingly. Tell yourself over and over how amazing you are. How much you have learned and have to give because of it-even when you have trouble believing it yourself-and you will project it. Be attractive. It is far more appealing and important than classically pretty or beautiful. When you make the moost of what ypu have it shows and people will give you those admiring glances .

I am mid 60s, with around 40 lbs of excess skin that isn't ever going to go away. I'm 5'5" tall-a short guy. But I am proud of what I have done. I make the most of what I do have. I stay fit and work out-and it can be a real challenge with the health issues I have. i chose what I wear and how outside home very carefully and then forget it. I don't try to be a macho guy-or a big man. I just am the best that I can be and amazingly I actually have women flirt all the time. I've been told numerous times by people with no idea I'm trans that I am attractive. Gay guys are attracted too interestingly enough. My life is not in a place where I can follow up at this point but the point is that it happens. And if it can happen to this old guy it can happen for you too. I'm not saying it to brag but to let you know that it is doable. Look at where I came from. If that can be an attractive guy then you can be an attractive woman.

Anyone can be attractive. But it takes a lot of work-inside

Johnny

Guest Brenda Hailey

Admiring glances. Hmmmm. Honestly, in my day I've had my share of those looks, but as a man. I'm a decent looking guy, I suppose. Tall, dark, athletic build. BUT, I make a very ugly woman. There would never be any admiring glances my way.

Sigh...

"Never" is a prediction of the future that I am pretty sure none of us are qualified to make.

Not everyone admires you because of what your body may or may not look like. I know someone who does.

I wonder how many dreams T accomplished into reality, despite dreaming being so unrealistic?

Guest Jennifer T

JJ, you make me smile. And while I believe everything you just wrote and would actually give the same advice, I cannot apply it to me. I can never be an attractive woman. That is my bane.

Peace.

Guest Jennifer T

Sigh...

"Never" is a prediction of the future that I am pretty sure none of us are qualified to make.

Not everyone admires you because of what your body may or may not look like. I know someone who does.

I wonder how many dreams T accomplished into reality, despite dreaming being so unrealistic?

If the is to become a habit, Brenda, I'm going to have to quit giving you sage words...

;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Jennifer T, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the average Beholder has ten eyes (all others are Beholder Kin) so odds are good that at least ONE of them likes you!

• 2 months later...
Guest TommieFl

I've lost a lot of weight and still looking for that hour glass look. I'am learning to work with what I have and enjoying what i do have. Trying to fine my look.