• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Cessation of trans advocacy and upcoming cessation of participation here

Guest Erika_1984

Guest Erika_1984

Despite my wealth of knowledge on trans health care and my discipline in referring to reliable sources to back up my points, in my attempts at trans advocacy on the Internet through text, I am said to come across as angry, arrogant, ignorant, obsessive, and fanatical, so it appears that I cannot be effective at trans advocacy on the Internet. Because my therapist has warned me of the dangers of posting videos of myself online and because I do not want my face on a radical feminist's website, I cannot engage in trans advocacy via video. Because of my tendency to social withdrawal and the fact that extended social interactions exhaust me, it is clear that I cannot effectively engage in trans advocacy IRL. Therefore, with the exception of self-advocacy, I will cease all trans advocacy from this point on.

Furthermore, in consideration of any other miserable envious perpetual pre-ops (MEPPs) on this forum and out on the Internet, once I receive an initial decision from my insurance company on the subject of preauthorization for SRS, I will post only that I have received an initial decision, but not what the decision is. Subsequently, I will cease sharing my experiences as a trans person online under any name that can be connected to this one or to beneficii (except privately) and block this website (and possibly others) in my hosts file at both home and work.

Guest Erika_1984

I forgot to mention: I am also said to come across as self-serving when I engage in trans advocacy online. Wow. I must really turn into such an evil and horrible person, a villain to be vanquished, when I advocate.

Guest Erika_1984

Actually, I'm just going to make the cessation of participation here effective immediately. Good bye. Into my hosts file at both home and work this domain name now goeth.