• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Why black is the color I love

Guest Georgia

Guest Georgia

Slim, blond little boys six years old are lucky chaps. Asking why ?

I remember as yesterdays: I was the favorite toy of a tribe of aunts, grown up female cousins and other long haired relatives. Their tendress and delightful softness, their perfumes when they embraced me, drove me sweetly mad, in a deep lovingly desire to seek refuge "inside " them, to feel "like them".

I adored them all, they were my exquisite and very private heaven. But also loved the little girls of my age and above all the way they dressed: white embroidered chemises, short 'plissée' gowns and delightful tiny black single strap shoes crowned by floral socks.

On saturday afternoons when my mother welcomed her favorite friends, I was cheered by all these nice ladies (little boys always love beautiful ladies) in the living room and was allowed to play, stretched down on the carpet, pushing some little car of mines......and following my toy around the table's and chair's legs where the lovely ladies sat chatting, babbling, laughing and sipping tea, my eyes went up their silky legs in the fascinating shadows of their thighs, wondering about the lenght of their stockings, how they could stay up and just imaging the shape and color of their 'culottes'.

But among my permissive mother's friends, I adored a sweet plumpy young widow, clad in a shining black linen dress, a gorgeous cream blouse with an extraordinary 'jabot' barely covering her flowering parfumed bosom.

Years later, I happily discovered in a vintage dress shop a similar blouse and asked the clerck to wear that delight....Yes, an over sixty brisk lady CAN ask the permission: it was a perfect fit !

Back to my blonde, my eyes went immediately to her legs, clad in sheer black seamed stockings, an absolute heaven for my early feminine curiosity. That day my floor level scanning was dedicated to my lovely widow.

Today I understand perfectly why black stockings and intimates became in my future my absolute achievement. What a lovely, deep feeling of complete peace of mind when, a few years after, I finally coul dress like my delightful blonde !

Guest Roberta-Belinda

Georgia what a lovely story well told. I had similar feeling when I used to visit my cousin who was five years older than me. When I was about ten I noticed that hse had started to wear pantyhose. I begged her to dress me up in a dress and tights. She refused the tights but let me wear her dress and some makeup. When I started high school a year later I was very jealous of the girls in my class, I really wished I could dress like them in a skirt with tights and white socks. Whenever I saw girls of my age in the street I so wished to be like them. I will never forget coming back from London on a trip with my family and seeing a pretty girl on the train dressed in nice clothes and tights. As well as wanting to dress like girls of my age I longed to wear the hot pants and go go boots of older girls along with lovely tan tights. Thanks for your story Georgia very evocative.

Guest Georgia

It'snot enough to say I am glad you liked my story.....

I loved the way you tell about the surge of our desire to dress like girls or true ladies, overcoming tabooes, antique fears and behaviors.

A sincere thank you from Georgia.

When I was a kid (elementry school), I would always dream of going to school dressed as girl wearing a skirt and tights with a ribbon in my hair.. Hadn't thought of that in a while.

I know what you mean; when you are young the things you see shape you...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Roberta-Belinda

Lexi I felt exactly the same as you in elementary school. I yearned to come into school wearing a pair of red ribbed tights and have a ribbon in my hair. Around about the time I was in my first school I had a lovely dream that I was a girl by the name of Barbara.