• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

It's getting easier

Guest Wendae

Guest Wendae

Today I had an appointment with my psychologist at 0800. After the visit it was off to breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Had a great breakfast and headed out to Publix for some grocery shopping. Next to Staples for a Will making kit. Stopped in Ross and then to Sears. I bought 3 bracelets at Sears. From there it was off to Walgreens to check on a perscription and then home. The whole point of this is that I was face to face with folks and interacting with out fear. I smiled a lot and all were returned. I've been out before but today it was such a great feeling to be Wendae for awhile.

I have been getting out more in casual attire. I've been to the driving range, walking Matilda my Aussie and fishing.

I just hate having to get undressed to be at home. My shrink asked me if I was ready to make it permanent. For the first time I said yes but won't as long as my wife is alive.

Guest Rosabella

Wendae, that is so wonderful! I am so happy for you. I hope it was liberating or a relief to admit to your psychologist that you'd like to make it permanent. That's quite a step. Rosa

Guest KatyDesire

It is the most liberating thing to have an idea where one is, and where one is going. Wish I could say the same! I'm very jealous!

Guest coping2014

As a SO myself your comment of "not while my wife is alive" gave me pause. Can you elaborate I'm new here so don't know your story. I am constantly worried that my husband is doing or not doing things because of me and I don't want him to ever resent me. Your advice and comments would be appreciated.

Coping2014