• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

DC Police Sgt. Talks About Her Transition

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Thank you Carolyn. And, my comments here are not meant to be thrown at you or any of my other mtf friends.

One thing that is a major question. Is the natal female partner now considered to be lesbian? And, in fact, does the natal female want to be considered a lesbian in the relationship,when she has always been staright. You have to admit, that this is a lot for a nat. female to digest and deal with. And, no mater how much she loves her mtf husband is she stong enough to deal with all of it. How about sex? This is a big part of a martial relationship. How is that going to be worked out. Oh, you can be flip and say it will all work out. Not always so. If one has been accustoned to staright sex, it may be too much of a change to settle into lesbian sex. Yeah, I know these are all touchy subjects but ones that will have to be dealt with.

Mike

Her spouse's needs were very much the same as those expressed by my mate. The implication that she becomes a lesbian by default rubs my spouse the wrong way as well, and she's quick to tell anyone that she's heterosexual. It could have easily been the end of our relationship, but we knew that we had many other ties beyond the sexual. I wish her and her spouse well. It isn't easy!

Love, Megan

• Admin
.One thing that is a major question. Is the natal female partner now considered to be lesbian? And, in fact, does the natal female want to be considered a lesbian in the relationship,when she has always been staright..

Mike

It's a fair and honest question, Mike. My spouse, like Megan's, had objections about that, and was worried about being perceived that way. It will always be a touchy thing for her. When we meet strangers, we often introduce ourselves as "partners" to avoid giving me away as trans. She isn't crazy about it, but the alternative seems worse. It seems to be a very common refrain among the S/O's here.

If having sex is important to the spouse, it seems to result in a higher incidence of divorce. If sex is no longer as important, then it makes things easier. I am generalizing, of course. I have no concrete data, and my statements are based on anecdotal evidence.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie