• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Shrinking height

Guest texmc26

Guest texmc26

im a 26 yo MTF and after being on hormones for a few months I've noticed I'm about an inch or so shorter. I did a bit of research and found that it isn't exactly uncommon, however I couldn't find a reason why it happens.

Has anyone else experienced this and been able to find out what's going on?

-Megan

Guest Leah1026

"I couldn't find a reason why it happens."

Loss of upper body muscle, especially around the spin, resulting in more compression of the intervertebral disks.

Most people experience a loss of a half inch or less, but one inch is not uncommon, especially if you're tall to begin with.

Personally it's hard for me to say. I lost about a half inch from my height of years ago, but I don't know how much of that was simply due to age (I am in my 50's).

• Forum Moderator

I have also lost an inch and thought the doctor got it wrong. I did not think it was due to HRT but age and compression of my spine due to years of abuse. I have not heard about that effect of HRT. I certainly would not really miss another inch or even two. I wouldn't have to worry about cleaning the top of the fridge so well.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest LizMarie

At 19 months in on HRT, I've lost about half an inch. I was 5'10 3/4 before and now I am just a hair over 5'10" now.

I've been on HRT over two years now and I've lost a shoe size since starting hormones and approximately a half inch in height. It's possibly age related but it's occurred in the past two years. Kathy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 102 Guests (See full list)

• awkward-yet-sweet
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • MAN8791
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Cynthia Slowan
    Newest Member
    Cynthia Slowan

1. Ay-la
      Ay-la
      (51 years old)
    2. Camille
      Camille
      (48 years old)
    3. Dressupdoll
      Dressupdoll
      (57 years old)
    4. iliya
      iliya
      (37 years old)
    5. KaylaH
      KaylaH
      (48 years old)
    • Mirrabooka
      I was really lucky when I gave up smoking. I just decided one morning that I just didn't want to smoke anymore. That was back in 1996. The silly thing was, I still had a couple of packets left I and used them up! After that I only 'borrowed' less than a handful in the months after that and I haven't missed them since.      
    • Mirrabooka
      Have I reached the tipping point?
    • Mirrabooka
      Maddee, you have a million friends.    
    • Mirrabooka
      Our Maltese daughter-in-law makes a very mean Bolognese sauce, which we combine with spiral pasta. We pulled some leftovers out of the freezer for tonight's meal.   Tomorrow night will be chicken Kiev, with potato segments baked in the same dish, accompanied with boiled peas and broccolini.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I suspect some of these people are not primarily LGBTQ+ but primarily get their kicks by publicly shocking other people.  They take advantage of the parade and think they can get away with it year after year, and sometimes do.  Not just the parade, but sometimes other events that provide cover for them to act this way. They do a great deal of damage to perceptions by the public and by the legislators against us.  
    • Ivy
      I used to smoke many years ago.  Now it makes me sick on my stomach which I consider a plus.
    • Maddee
      Considering my heart open to friendship
    • Ivy
      I use a electric kettle and a French press.   I am not a fan of Starbucks.  I sometimes go to a local coffeeshop, but am satisfied with your basic coffee and a scone.
    • Ivy
      Many "red" or "blue" states are not monolithic.  NC splits something like 49-51.  Actually, about 1/3 Rep, 1/3 Dem, and 1/3 nonaffiliated.     Since the legislature makes the districts, they favor the Rep to a 1 vote super majority.  Our Governor is Dem, and Dems can win statewide elections.   Of course you'd never know that with what is coming out of the statehouse lately. My point is that the "shifting" is not really shifting, it only reflects the actual population of the state.   When I was growing up I used to hear it said that "changing her mind was a woman's prerogative."  I embrace that.  I am fine with changing my mind when I want to.  Things change, sometimes we need to change as well.  I don't consider that as "unstable" - just not dead yet.
    • Mirrabooka
      Also, this short interview.   They're so awesome, so down to earth:    
    • Adrianna Danielle
      A trip to the ER last night,I had an allergic reaction.I have an allergy to cigarette smoke,a neighbor's friend was smoking  and told him not to smoke near me,I did get sick.Checked me out and feeling better.Going to see my allergist on Thursday for a follow up
    • Charlize
      This is wonderful!.  I sincerely hope we get another 4 years to get these new regulations well intrenched.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Ashley0616
      Well back to only one friend
    • Mmindy
    • Mmindy
      Good morning everyone,   I’ve been working on a few projects and my internet screen time has been very low. Today is Primary Election Day for Indian voters. I will be voting later, but the most important thing I’m looking forward to is the reduction of political advertising. Let’s get back to regular daytime advertising which reminds me of the need for hearing aids, Medicare choices, and comfortable catheters. Heaven forbid I would need an accident injury lawyer to get me the big check. Only daytime TV can take a 30 minute show from the 1980s and make it into an hour long series. I really don’t watch that much TV because I prefer to listen to music while I’m in the shop or doing yard work.    The coffee is good, the morning songbirds are loud as they forage for their hatches.    Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋    
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.