• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Why do you girls have two first names?

Guest Jo-88

I am confused? Do you mean middle names? ...some people have their first and middle names in their username, just no last names (no bueno).

Guest Megan_Lynn

My name shown is a combo of first and one of my middle names. yes I said two middle names. All three of my children have two middle names. People that know me call me Megan , Meg , Meggie and when I am relay being awesome the Meganator...lol

Guest Sarah Faith

Faith is my middle name, I used to have it as SarahB here on the forums (My last initial) but people used to confuse me with a girl here named Susan since she was SusanB so I just added in my middle name.

Guest shani d

well the "d" after the name stands as the first letter of the last name my family was supposed to have [its a story about a migrating person who was my grandfather who couldnt spell the name this letter is from so they assigned him our current last name

• Admin

Yes, first and middle, Lexi. They are my legal names, as well. :)

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest April Kristie

My names are my desired names first, last. Sad to say not the ones on the drivers lic.! The passport, the birth cert.

Guest KatyDesire

"Katy" had already been taken. I wanted the 2nd name to be Desiree, but I missed hitting the 2nd e, and so I got this combination!

Guest LauraJen

I guess it's kind of obvious why in my case, but I needed to have some way of differentiating myself from Laura Amato, so I decided on a middle name for myself, something I hadn't really considered before. I decided on Jennifer in the end, and included the first syllable.

It's not like anyone calls me "Laura Jennifer" in the real world", though I used to sometimes get called LJ on the chat here when I was active on that. My middle name may have came about from being on this site, but I likely would have picked one at some point anyway, as it just feels more complete with a middle name to me.

Guest DianeATL

Well they could be Southern Girls - ;-) Bobbie Sue, Carrie Ann, Lucy Lou,

Very common in the traditional south for girls to go by a double name

• Forum Moderator

I thought of my first name 'Tracy' then added my middle name 'Jennifer'. The thinking was a little roundabout as the J was originally from my last name and I often call myself 'Tracy Jo' but I have always liked Jennifer - perhaps even more than Tracy so J is for Jennifer.

I'm not a southern girl lol but I have always liked those types of double names Diane hence Tracy Jo!

Tracy

Guest Eve Caillard

I don't. Never needed one. Eve - after the 'first lady'. A simple and easy name. 'Caillard' because I need a surname to hide my own surname and it reflects my continental French style of dressing. As an adopted male I already have two other names and identities, so I guess a third doesn't really matter.

• Admin

SGV is NOT one of my names, it is a location in my home state that has several million people in it so I am fairly anonymous. Vicky is the combination of my mother's first initial and last four letters of my boyhood nick name, and my middle name is from my great aunt, great grandmother, and great great grandmother. My great great grandmother was half Native American of a tribe that recognized two spirit people and loved them. (For all I know my middle name could have come from my great great great grandmother too, but our genealogy does not show it just yet.)

Guest Carla_Davis

My name is a combination of my legal first name and the name of my first Transgender Support Group leader I met at The LGBT Community Center of New York City in 2003, when I was first attemped to Come-Out, and has always supported me fully since.

She is now the Chief Programs and Policy Officer at The Center. :wub:

Carla

Hugs,

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Wanda Michelle

I use two names, first and middle, just in case there are any other girls named Wanda on the site. I don't use both all the time usually just Wanda.

Hugs,

Wanda

Guest Scarlett London

I just thought London was a cool name. And if I'm already naming my femme self, so I get to do whatever I want ;-) Hmmm, maybe I should come up with a 3rd.

Guest Laura Beth

I am using this name because it is my middle name and my first name would confuse too many people. It does in male mode as well because it is not a male name so to speak.

Guest Lacey Lynne

Like Carolyn Marie above, Lacey Lynne are my legal first and middle names. To this old-timer, this "middle name business" here on The Playground is one of our fond little traditions and trips that has just evolved for no good reason. However, we're really into it! Feel the groove, baby!

Peace & Joy :friends: Lacey Lynne

Guest ashleynikole

My only excuse is consistency of username across most of my online applications. Some sites have "ashley" as taken so I just avoid the rejection and go with both...lol.

IRL, I only go by my first name and only sign things with my first and last (really peeves me when they put my full name on a document and then tell me I have to sign my full name like it's written on the document).

God bless

Ashley

Guest LizMarie

It's really simple, Lexi. This website is fairly old and well established and has (as of the moment I write this) 17278 members. Since user ids have to be unique, people look for ways to make theirs unique. I couldn't have Liz or Elizabeth (both already taken) so I added Marie when I was still thinking about Elizabeth Marie as my name. But that's not the name I'm going for when I do the legal paperwork now (it will be Cara Elizabeth and relates to a discussion with my sister) and LizMarie is just a user name here on LP.

I suspect almost everyone was in the same boat trying to find a unique user name.

Guest Roberta-Belinda

My official femme name is Belinda but I called myself Roberta-Belinda just in case the name Belinda has been taken. I would much rather be known by Belinda, I love that name. Not sure why I chose the name of Roberta. Before I named myself Belinda I thought of other names like, Sharon, Denise and Andrea. My first girly name as a child was Barbara. When I was about six or seven I had a lovely dream that I was a girl called Barbara. In the dream I wore a brown skirt.

Guest Jan Jane

When I was ridiculed in school for not being "manly" I was called various female names that started with J. It hurt. When I finally admitted who I really was I embraced two of them to make what was once ugly to me beautiful... a metaphor for me as I person, I hope. There are so many Jan's and Jane's, I put them together.

Hugs to all, keep making the once ugly beautiful

Jan

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sweetcharlene41

I have noticed that is common on this site.

I'm thinking to have people call me just by the fem version of my first name, Danielle.

beautiful name