• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

bikini

Guest pegasisterfurry

• Admin

Yes -- but the custom made ones are EXPENSIVE, more than a 15 year old could afford, and going into the places that make them for you may require you to be 18 or over.

Guest Jamiexo

I have mastered a fairly good tuck, So now I basically wear any bathing suit with no questions asked. I also feel safe that nothing is ever going to shift or display itself. I recommend figuring out a good tuck that works for you that will allow you to wear any bathing suit!

Guest DianeATL

I have a skirted bottom on my bikini. My tucking skills are good but I would just be too worried and self conscious moving around and shifting for hours in a tight fitting bottom.

• Admin

Pricing on that one is a bit funky, they show a whole suit, but the price is only one half of the suit, so you are looking at $50 to $70 for the whole thing. Also, none are the traditional Bikini the OP was looking for!!

• Forum Moderator

An itsy bitsy tinie wine yellow poco dot bikini is out of the question for me. I found a Lands End skirted two piece that works vey well. I'm comfortable and some models also have pockets built into the bras to hold breast forms. That can be helpful as HRT does it's magic or if one needs augmentation.

Hugs,

Charlize

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pegasisterfurry

since I have a fairly large thing I just thought I should get like one of those swimming things for men that look like a bottom of a bikini and then try to find a good top

• Forum Moderator

I have found that bikini bottoms being designed for women are slightly different that male trunks (surprise surprise :D ).

My male trunks are similar to bikini bottoms in size so I have determined dimensions from bikini bottoms that fit me (nominally but I would not dare wear them as they can be revealing) and my male trunks and have obtained material so that I can make bikini bottoms that are a sort of cross between the two (to include more material support for tucking than normal bikini bottoms).

I suspect as the summer will soon be over they won't be ready in time but it will be a good excercise in clothing design and construction (a sewing machine would be good but I have not got one and the small aout of sewing I do would not justify having one so stitch by hand which is not as slow as it sounds but is tricky)

Tracy