• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

male facial features, I'm kind of at loss

Guest Varje

So I can pass off for a guy alright in my own opinion, but what gets me the most uneasy is my face. I'm not a big person and I suppose I've got "girly" face, which annoys me so much, but I'm not sure if it's just my own imagination? So anyone else feel like that? Do you use make up or something to highlight "manly" features? I just don't use any make up at all, and well I look like a 15yo boy... which is okay but I just wonder. All my clothing and almost everything else I'm rather confident of when I go out, but I end up feeling like my face screams out I'm actually a girl trying to pass as a boy. Maybe I'm just afraid :mellow:

• Forum Moderator

So much is in our heads that it can be almost impossible to really assess how we look. I was considered a beautiful woman when I was young-actually turned down tv parts and was called beautiful by Otto Preminger -the most famous Hollywood producer of his time and famed for "discovering" stars. (I actually was angry because I didn't know till just after he left who he was but he was amused that I was angry about it). The point is that now I have not been misgendered in a couple of years. I look in the mirror sometimes and wonder how and why people just see me as a man but they do. Our somewhat smaller and more regular features make us seem boyish and younger but still male when we project that with our body language.

Which is the key. I went from almost never being seen as make to almost 100% in a little over a week when I changed my self view from a woman with a man's mind to a man with anatomical anomalies. It changed how I projected myself and my body language. Of course I had to still work on it and while I was seen as male it was often gay male and I started getting hit on by gay males but there was a pronounced change. As I release the male patterns that I have unconsciously internalized all my life and let go of the female ones that I imposed on myself that has changed and now I'm just seen as a regular guy. But it has to come from within. We are projecting far too many bits of information with our body language to succeed at it consciously for very long -literally thousands of messages aree passing back and forth at an unconscious level when we interact with people. And a lot of that info is gender influenced. Act male and people will see you male feminine face or not. Look at some of the big male movie stars like Johnny Depp who have fine delicate features. It actually makes them more attractive as men and no one questions their masculinity.

And then there is Balin Buschbaum. Look him up on YouTube. He had a very pretty and feminine face and is a very handsome man now he has become a male model. T works wonders when it removes that layer of fat from our faces and makes us look more masculine.

Guys come with all kinds of faces and no one questions their masculinity as long as they act and come across as male.

Johnny