• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Anyone familiar with Dr. Greenwald in Tampa FL?

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Has anyone had experience with Dr. Daniel Greenwald in Tampa, FL?

He does GRS (among other things) and since Tampa is less than 30 miles away from home, the thought of having it done really close to home is very alluring. Just curious if anyone has any experience with him either for GRS itself, consultations, etc.

I really like the idea of having this done close to home so it would be fairly easy for my family to stop by during recovery and stuff, not to mention already being a bit familiar with the local hospitals and such that he may do the operation at.

He also does breast augmentation and I'm wondering if someone who does GRS may be a little better capable for doing a BA on a transgender body frame with really good results compared to, perhaps, other plastic surgeons who have only done BA on natal females.

Just thought I'd ask around.

Bonus question that I just thought of: is there any simple way to figure out through your health insurance website to figure out if your plan covers GRS? The way these guidelines and inclusions/exclusions are written is really confusing! I tried calling our benefits department a few years ago and the lady was kind of short with me on the phone but who knows, maybe with the new healthcare laws my plan covers it now. I'm just....too scared to call again and get treated like that again! (pathetic, I know)

Guest Deanna

I don't know this surgeon, but Tampa would be easier for me as I have family there. But on the bonus question, the only way I could really find out for sure was to go through a health care advocate. Your HR should know who that is. They are supose to speak on your behalf without identifing you and they will take the BS.

Guest Annutty

I dont know about the surgeon but i found out my insurance has guidelines for GRS by calling the general number on my insurance card and the lady found out the procedure number or something and told me where to look it up on their website...that being said, i have no idea if every single plan with them (aetna) covers GRS because they seem to be massive and sell plans to companies wholesale and i guess companies can pick what coverage their plans include?

Maybe find the procedure number or something on your companies website then call?

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Ah! So maybe I need to talk to our benefits people and ask them nicely if they could include procedure (whatever it is on the site) in their benefits package next year pretty pretty please?!

• 11 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

Sorry to revive an old thread but does anyone have feedback on Dr. Greenwald? I'm starting the inquiry phase for my GRS since I know it can be a long process. I have family in St. Petersburg so Tampa would be a good location for me.

Thanks,

Jani

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Sorry to revive an old thread but does anyone have feedback on Dr. Greenwald? I'm starting the inquiry phase for my GRS since I know it can be a long process. I have family in St. Petersburg so Tampa would be a good location for me.

Thanks,

Jani

While I haven't received any responses via this thread, I'm still considering him for breast augmentation since he has experience with transgender clients.

• 1 year later...

I have experience with Dr Greenwald.  He told me he has been serving the TG community for 24 years (basically his whole career) and is apparently chummy with the veterans in the field.  His practice does fine without advertising or fanfare and that's the way he likes it - which may explain why he is harder to find among transgender surgeons.  HE returns inquiries promptly, his office is top notch, his numerous staff is professional and helpful and there were always patients in his waiting room.  Of the very few reviews I have seen, none have been negative.  If you have questions, I can be more specific via PM.

• 7 months later...

Dr Greenwald has been seeing me for 4 years. He answers questions, everything is out of pocket but his prices are reasonable and his staff is excellent.

• Forum Moderator

Thanks for the news Happy.  You say he's been seeing you for 4 years.  What else besides plastic surgery does he offer? 

Why don't you pop over to the Introductions forum to post a short intro!

Cheers,

Jani

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 107 Guests (See full list)

• Adrianna Danielle
    • JuliannaFrances
    • kristinabee
    • KymmieL
    • MaeBe
    • Ivy
    • KathyLauren
    • MirandaB
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Aleksandria
    Newest Member
    Aleksandria

1. Conner_Sent_By_Cyberlife
      Conner_Sent_By_Cyberlife
      (22 years old)
    2. CtN1p
      CtN1p
    3. heyim_finn
      heyim_finn
      (21 years old)
    4. Jayn
      Jayn
    5. joni_girl_1988
      joni_girl_1988
      (51 years old)
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Society is preserved by passing on proper roles for people, which works for the 90+ percent that it works for.   We were all taught from an early age that breaking out of the classification was a shameful thing, even when, actually, it is not. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I'm probably showing my age.  I haven't looked at a guest count in a long time.  Doing FB and staying off forums for a while.  Previous forum use had fewer bots if any and guests were actual people, mostly, unlike today.    Any AIs or bots struggling with GD are welcome.  I would love to read your introduction.
    • kristinabee
      I've seen this on a lot of forums tbh. That's how a lot of content ends up on internet archives. You've got loads of bots scanning the site at all times and archiving it. Forums are actually nice (in comparison to social media) in that the guest count gives you a pretty good idea of how actively the site's content is being archived. Basically just don't post anything you don't want archived.
    • MAN8791
      Kids are resiliant with therapy and strong support ;-)    They were all elementary age when their dad died and are teens now, and how they've grown and developed as young people, already, takes my breath away.   I'm working on communicating changes clearly and without shame, which is difficult basically all the time because of feeling guilty over doing gender "wrong" for so long. Working on that myself! <3 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Allow me to add that people should think twice about posting pictures of themselves, with the facial recognition software that is out there.  Those in stealth or who are not fully out may discover they are suddenly and unwillingly fully out in ways they wish had not happened.
    • Charlize
      Funny how when i read the topic name i thought you were asking about the study of plants and animals.  I'm a bit into that as a farmer at va time when a cell phone makes plant  for insect identification easier than it has ever been.    Now on to your topic.  I don't farm in the nude.  I have wondered at whether i would skinny dip as i did as a kid without thought of how my body might affect others.  The effects of hormones makes me different from the average person and perhaps i'm "neither fish nor fowl".  I would certainly depend on who my fellow passengers on that cruise would be.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Abigail Genevieve
      This is also a relatively small forum and it can take a long time, seemingly, for someone to get around to replying to a post. 
    • Charlize
      I am also pretty sure that several of them are folks who are "trans curious".  Sometimes folks who are trying to find their own identity, are attracted to trans folks or who are simply interested in the trans community.   There may also be some who wish to do us harm which is why ......... I've just learned to smile figuring "i'm on candid camera".   I'm sure many of our younger members never experienced that show so my age is showing.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Adrianna Danielle
      He deserves it,is a disgrace
    • MaryEllen
      Most of those "guests" are web bots from China, Indonesia, France etc. looking us over. They are mostly benign.  All they can see or gain access to are the general forums.  Members should be careful not to post anything that could readily identify themselves such as real names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. They do not have access to our gallery, blogs or private messenger. They seem to haunt all forums. Not just us. I should add that they can make us known across the internet. That's how prospective members find us. Google would be a good example.
    • Ashley0616
      I hope he gets what he deserves. 
    • Ashley0616
      Heck I didn't even know they could go up that high! I just have a four burner and one to keep stuff warm. What kind of pies did you make?
    • MaeBe
      I'm sure you'd rock it, girl!
    • KymmieL
      That's all the matters.   Well me and the wife rode to Perkins for breakfast. As we were waiting for our food. Being it is Sunday There are a few gentleman in suits, my guess from church. I think to myself. I hope I never have to wear one of those monkey suits ever again. Now a nice dress maybe.   Hugs,   Kymmie
    • Abigail Genevieve
      From time to time I've looked at 'Who Is Online" and I have consistently noticed that members are ALWAYS outnumbered by Guests by a wide margin, sometimes, like a minute ago, by more than a 10:1 margin.  I have never seen that before on an internet forum.  It can be explained partly by the nature of what this is, that it draws the curious and they are certainly welcome to read here, and to join, but it leaves me with a feeling of being in a fishbowl.  I wonder who ARE these people?  Donald Trump, is that you? Biden? Sinwar? Putin?  We can only guess. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.