• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Had A Nice Experience Buying A Skirt On Friday

Guest Roberta-Belinda

Guest Roberta-Belinda

I had quite a nice experience buying a new skirt when I went shopping on Friday. I went in male mode to a clothes shop in my town that I had never been in before. I had previously avoided the shop thinking it that the shop mostly catered for young Women. However, I ventured inside the store and a middle aged lady assistant asked me if I was looking for anything in particular. I said I was looking for a skirt size 16 and she aske me if there was any particular style I was interested in. I said no and she went to the racks and brought out a lovely three quarter length black skirt which I decided to buy. I think the assistant guessed that it was for me which added an extra frisson to the experience. I took it home it fitted like a dream. Believe it or not it only cost eleven pounds but the material is lovely and I loved the tag on the skirt with the name of the garment which was Evita which gives it a very exotic sound. I wore it with a lovely pair of glossy nude tights that I had already put on underneath as I had being dressing up as Belinda earlier that day. As the tights were a bit on the fine side at ten denier I didn't want to ruin them by taking them off so I wore them underneath my male trousers when I went out shopping. After I went in the shop I called into the Peacocks store and bought two five pair packs of 25 flesh coloured tights one in Mink and one in a Honey shade and pair of black sheer body shaper tights. My experience at the counter was not as happy as the one in the ladies dress shop, the assistant was a bit surly. I had the feeling that she had sensed the items were for me and was disapproving.

On the whole though I enjoyed the my little shopping trip on Friday. It went off to a bad start I started browsing in a charity store but I was a bit embarrassed to see a guy serving behind the counter.

Can't wait to have a job again so I can buy in more expensive shops.

Thank you for sharing, Belinda. I love to shop whereas when I was male I couldn't see myself spending hours shopping. Sounds like you had a wonderful day.

I'm glad to hear that you had such a nice day. I really haven't shopped alone yet, it's generally something my wife and I do together. However, I have been thinking about it...