• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Time As Brenda

Guest bob/brenda

Guest bob/brenda

I take my time getting dressed.. then what...I sit in my room I watch TV I listen to music...then i stand reach for the door...then it hits fear the fear of all the crual words of the past...I sit watch TV some more.. Boredom hits..Time for Bob again...and so it goes. Brenda is so alone no friends no one she talks to. its fear. fear of what happened in the past. fear of rejection. a gay bar stands no more then a half a mile to my house...and i can't seem to be able to leave my room...

any ideas to make it out? so at last at long last brenda can at least go out again...

Guest ~Brenda~

Dearest Brenda,

Brenda deserves to express herself!! To whom is still yet not clear. I am gratefull that Brenda trusts us enough to express herself here!! My dear, if you feel that you are not being in the right social contexts and you are spending too much time alone then may I suggest this... Being Bob or Brenda, it doesn't matter right now!! Go out, and socialize!! Let who you are simply be, she will emerge naturally if you let her to.

LOL

bernie

Hi Brenda,

Just a little suggestion from someone who never stepped foot outside as Sally until she was 56 years old!

The first time you decide to go ou to that gay bar that is so close, try wearing a pair of women's jeans and mybe a tee shirt with a big shirt over it (a jacket if it is cool) wear a pair of gender neutral shoes and very light make up and somewhat androgynus hair style.

You can hold your arms to hide any padding that you are wearing until you get to the bar and unbotton the big shirt to let it flow and show off you cute tee shirt.

Off course my first time I got in my car drove over 50 miles to my therapist's office and walked through the lobby of her building - in a dress and heels - so when I was ready, I was ready!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Velvet Lace

Loved how you said, that you took your time. What better way to enjoy the feelings that one can get from such simple pleasure!