• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Take a little trip with me on Jody's Journey; if you care? If you dare!

• Forum Moderator

Oh JodyAnn i feel for you. My ouchies are certainly there. I'm swollen and amazingly colorful. The unfortunate part that still remains looks as if it was in a terrible fight and lost. I know this will pass. After all i asked for it, needed it and regardless of the hurt i'm glad. I kinda feel a little smile growing.

Mine is a small fry but i do hope someday we will be able to walk to a meeting, upright, next to each other with a skip in our steps.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Charlize

• VickySGV

• Ravin

• tracy_j

Oh JodyAnn i feel for you. My ouchies are certainly there. I'm swollen and amazingly colorful. The unfortunate part that still remains looks as if it was in a terrible fight and lost. I know this will pass. After all i asked for it, needed it and regardless of the hurt i'm glad. I kinda feel a little smile growing.

Mine is a small fry but i do hope someday we will be able to walk to a meeting, upright, next to each other with a skip in our steps.

Hugs,

Charlize

Remember Rock'em Sock'em Robots when we were kids? Let's each do selfies down there and claim the robots did it! Giggle.

You may not be able to imagine how badly I want to walk and skip with you.

Maybe Johnny will bake us an ouchie anniversary cake next year. Hug. JodyAnn

The tube is gone this morning. They clamped in my sleep. I woke to a painfully full bladder.

I had to learn to pee all over. Like a kid with a new squirt gun. Hands free girl model of course. Sqirt, tinkle, squirt dribble, drip, squirt, drip,drop. It took forever. My poor little pube is so swollen, I peed every direction but up. Shower time. Jody

I'm off to the hotel at 2:00pm.

I feel like a baby sparrow, fresh out of my shell, finally my weak wings are fluffy clean and dry. I'm hungry for my new life.

As about flying, we shall see??? Nice warm breeze, branch gently swaying. I can do this, but that first drop is a long one. Giggle. Girl without a net. Jody

Guest KerryUK

I'm 7 weeks post-op now Jody and most of the bruising is gone. I still have swelling down there and so my peeing still feels a little constricted - oh, I soooooo know that 'eeeeek, it's spraying THAT way today'. As the swelling eases each day, so does that constricted feeling. Also, I'm finding the correct position for me to sit while I pee - it's definitely an adventure Jody and such a different experience. Don't start me on the experience of peeing outside .

Best of luck at the Hotel and take care Jody.

Hugs

Kerry x

I'm now in a tiny room at Nantra Hotel. It's wonderfully spartan. It is about $36 a day, the Mind was like a small apartment at about $44 a day. This one is just off a very busy street. Sort of an alleyway. I won't straighten out my money problems until Monday. I'm on a shoestring budget.

You know I said I would leave smoking in USA... Well I lied. At $1.38 a pack, well I'm a nicotine addict. I hate it, I am! Go ahead chew me out... Hangs her head...

The coolest little flat black Sportster sits parked in the alley. I took pictures of it. I would still rather take home one of the million cool scooters here. Yamaha please. Giggle.

I'm supposed to stay close to my room. I lost my lighter in my driver's car. I did venture 750' to Seven Eleven and back.

There is a barber shop and tatoo parlor across the way. I'm scared if I go in I won't come out with a tat, but looking like a boy. Not good. Maybe some things are best left alone. The gowns in the dress shops all smile at me. So many!

Please everyone sing in unison: "Jody you're broke!" think I'll kick back for a nap now, well that's today's report. Hug. JodyAnn

I'm wearing this thread threadbare, so it this point I don't expect a lot of replies. I do need to talk and lean on friends so I don't feel all alone.

You know Jody! She doesn't have the common sense as to what not to talk about, any foolish personal stories are out there. Really this can be a good thing, If I can talk about all of me, you are free to talk about you. That is the one thing that has always kept me coming back to LP.

Having said that, today's pondering in Jody's little brain is, what do I do now?

I'm now a post op. What does that really mean to me? Is there some rainbow I have found the end of. Today I call it a painbow, one that I asked for. There is never a pot of gold for Jody, that wasn't on my menu of want list.

A lot of pre op issues are behind me now. How do I feel about that? Beats me? If I knock off Circle Ks, I can go to a women's prison, Giggle. Not on my to-do list.

I'm so sure all of the neuances and impacts of my changes have not sunk in yet. This morning I walked up the alley with a sparrow bouncing at my feet. It gave me gratitude that I can be as seemingly insignificant as that very important small sparrow and I can just be as happy to be me.

I'm really glad I don't have to figure this all out today. I ask of all my post op friends, what doubts and dreams thoughts swam through your minds during the painful first part of your recovery.

Thanks, sorry if I sound like I posting from a vacuum. Maybe I am, I only feel alright when I'm laying down. Jody

Guest KerryUK

I can honestly say Jody, after my op I had similar doubts etc. I felt 'blokey' and my confidence took a nose dive and it wouldn't surprise me if that's common. Slowly but surely as things started to settle down and I started to go out on ever increasing walks etc, things improved and my confidence is back where it should be. BUT (and I do keep having to remind myself) I am now completely ME. Sometimes I forget that I now have a vagina and as she gets better from her stay in hospital she does make me smile. Where do I go from here? Well, I go out there and live the life I always dreamed of - that of a woman and no longer having to pretend to be something I'm not. I don't know whether this helps Jody (I so hope it does).

Hugs

Kerry x

Yes it does. I'm a little emotional today, well alot. I feel like a sand dollar thrashing about in my undertow. I can see my beautiful beach, but I haven't washed ashore dry just yet. Maybe I need more washing yes? Giggle. I feel fear of been cut adrift. My head is usually held high with a beaming smile. Today I am studying the ground in front of me. Maybe my introspection of me is good and needed.

I took an afternoon shower did my maintenance, got and felt pretty.

Dressed in blue jeans, hot pink stretch bra, pail pink T-back top and my black Shirley Temple shoes. Steppin'Out! My smile is back.

I sashayed out the alley and down the way to shop at SevenEleven. It was a Roman Noodle run. We have free continental breakfast 7:00-10:00am. I glommed one early, then at just before ten I snagged more toast. All week I was squirreling away hospital food. I smuggled it out, so I still do get real food.

Fire hot cup of noodles for a late evening supper, took my meds and relaxing. Nice Sunday. I hope I'm a success story so others will be brave enough to come too. Hug. JodyAnn

• Forum Moderator

Oh Jody i feel for you. My pain is not so great and my healing may come more quickly but the mental and emotional jumps are certainly there. I think it will take time for all this to settle out and the dust to clear. For me i'll have both less and more to accept depending on viewpoint. That acceptance is what i have to pray for so i can live in peace with myself and the world. Otherwise i'll miss that sparrow bouncing at my feet.

Hugs,

Charlize

Oh Jody i feel for you. My pain is not so great and my healing may come more quickly but the mental and emotional jumps are certainly there. I think it will take time for all this to settle out and the dust to clear. For me i'll have both less and more to accept depending on viewpoint. That acceptance is what i have to pray for so i can live in peace with myself and the world. Otherwise i'll miss that sparrow bouncing at my feet.

Hugs,

Charlize

Charlize, if you feel a moist spot on your face? It's me kissing you on the cheek.

JodyAnn!

You don't know what to do now?

I think you need a trip to The Great White North. Us Northern Girls know how to get into trouble. <giggle>

Too bad we missed Montreal Pride, and our local Pride will be over by the time you get here. :wacko:

Gentle Huggs for continued healing. :wub:

Joann

JodyAnn!

You don't know what to do now?

I think you need a trip to The Great White North. Us Northern Girls know how to get into trouble. <giggle>

Too bad we missed Montreal Pride, and our local Pride will be over by the time you get here. :wacko:

Gentle Huggs for continued healing. :wub:

Joann

I'm on the way! Ooh ouch... Give me a minute. Giggle. Hug. You know who!

Congrats on your journey. I can tell you it does get better. Peeling sitting down, not so much...

Without being graphic, the one thing I looked forward to was being with a man. Being taken by him. I was not let down when it finally happened. Hopefully you will find the right person to make you feel like you should.

Best of luck.

Oh, the pain does go away. Have you started dilating yet? That is so much fun, blech!

Guest Jamie61

Congrats JodyAnn, thank you for the colorful updates! I must admit I am very envious of you. I understand what a huge step this must be, so complicated, so painful, so complete. I'd like to know more someday of your pre-op meeting and how you were able to influence the result to be 'like a flower', I know that I want that flower more and more each day.

I wish for your continued recovery and hope your sitting pretty! It's an amazing thing you've accomplished.

Jamie

Congrats on your journey. I can tell you it does get better. Peeling sitting down, not so much...

Without being graphic, the one thing I looked forward to was being with a man. Being taken by him. I was not let down when it finally happened. Hopefully you will find the right person to make you feel like you should.

Best of luck.

Oh, the pain does go away. Have you started dilating yet? That is so much fun, blech!

Finally Girlfriend! I've been so waiting for you to chime in. As usual you have me rolling on the floor! LOL! I remember back in your "day", all you said and wrote.

Your words still inspire me, cause this my little Miss Business hurts!!! I think of many things you're said as I trudge on.

Why yes, I had my first date this morning. They tried to crank me up in the stirrups, but yow! I'm old and don't bend that way anymore. Finally I contorted in.

Then, in came my surgeon, I just love that guy, not so much his little clear acrylic "friend". YOUR GOING TO DO WHAT WITH THAT!?! Well it was safe sex I guess, with the condom and KY. You sure know when you get to the bottom of things!

Next it was my turn to impale myself. I found the end of the station with all the finness of parking a freight train. Careful, slowly and don't get rammy! So this is how I lost my virginity??? Well that lacked glamour, or even dinner. And typically, like they all are, he'll be back around tonight. At least I don't have to give another pony ride in that saddle contraption...

I could see some sunshine in all this, but I'm betting not for a while. Jody don't plop her big butt down in the chairs no more, gently and gracefully.

Lastly, my peeing is getting better. I'm not hosing down all of my lower extremities, not ready to pee in a Dixie cup just yet mind you though. Giggle. Hug. JodyAnn

Congrats JodyAnn, thank you for the colorful updates! I must admit I am very envious of you. I understand what a huge step this must be, so complicated, so painful, so complete. I'd like to know more someday of your pre-op meeting and how you were able to influence the result to be 'like a flower', I know that I want that flower more and more each day.

I wish for your continued recovery and hope your sitting pretty! It's an amazing thing you've accomplished.

Jamie

Sure! Not just yet though. I'm still in my springtime, all I have to show for it, is one big furrow plowed right up the center of my field! PM me later, if I forget. Hug. JodyAnn

• Forum Moderator

You are a stitch JodyAnn and like me you've got a few. As far as stirrups go i'd like to rest in that position for a day or two or at least until the swelling recedes. Maybe it's because a part remains for me. It's looking bigger in it's swollen state that normal. I'm so looking forward to the comfort i used to have in crossing my legs rather than spreading them out and pulling my skirt up like a ........... My little walk in the park is just that compared to what you are experiencing. Glad your sense of humor is still there. I have to be careful not to pop any stitches reading your posts.

Hugs from a bowlegged friend,

Charlize

I don't have to go back to the doctor for a week! I'm a free woman loose in Bangkok. Please quote me correctly, I didn't say loose woman for free in Bangkok! Giggle.

I've not gone to sleep yet, I'm dreading my date. I may stand him up tonight. I'm claiming a headache, I'm on my period, I'm scared of him! I got a little reckless tonight, I didn't tear anything, I'm not bleeding, but I'm discharging enough to know I didn't do me any favors.

I'm going to get a cat nap for a few hours, I'll share the story then. Probably after my maintenance choirs. Sixteen hours in, I don't have much left. Gnite

Guest Markietoo

HI Jody,

I've found your 'diary' of this little vacation in lovely Thailand a journey of discovery and delight. OK, maybe not so much of one or the other but wonderful to read. You're remarkable descriptions of the whole experience are priceless and made me laugh again and again. It hits close to home since today was the day my GT is sending in the surgical referral to good ol' Kaiser for my next step along a similar path. Your stories help me look forward with a bit less trepidation and keep me hopeful about the days to come. I look forward to reading the next chapter of your experience. Each persons story is theirs alone and you offer us the gift of sharing yours. I thank you for that!

Markie Anna

Your welcome Markie Anna.

What's wacko Jody's Twysted Syster report for today? Well let's do a catch all, catch up in bits and pieces.

Oh thank heaven SevenEleven has bag ice again. I'm writing this while cooling off my Miss Thange, I'm hoping to lessen the swelling. I may fall out a nap too.

Most know my goal for at least one Bangkok AA meeting. Last night it happened. Oh Lord did it happen! One of my new girlfriends is Coy, she works a shift at the desk here. She helped me locate the 20:30 meeting at the Bangkok Recovery Club, not far but a brat to find.

I got brave, quickly put my face on, needed pockets so on wth the jeans. I had an hour to find this place. I hailed a cab with my best damsel in distress look, one stopped. I showed him the address,"can you take me?" he wrinkled his nose and shook his head no. It's close I thought so maybe no money in it. The poor damsel waited, other cabs rolled by. What to do?

A cool little Thai guy, pulled up on his scooter. (forgetting my she) Can you take me? The stirrups were bad, the buddy pegs were too. Off we roared into the night on the hairyest, scaryest, adrenaline rush, thrill ride since the old days of splitting lanes on my 750 Norton Commando!!! Only I'm riding bit.. oops I mean on the back. Go Dog Go! I loved it! I was leaned back enough I wasn't sitting on my nipper, so she was quite happy as we blasted along. Hang on, keep your knees in so you don't clip a fenderwell, tuck the girls in or get boob slapped by a cage mirror. Those car driver's don't give up anything. Cars make good blocking obstacles for turns, so useful. No joke, it's that thrillingly close! So fun!

Oops, we're lost, he stopped and asked a bar waitress and another rider. On we go, it's raining now, ooh that feels good! We wandered around, now getting drenched. We parked under a canopy with other riders. We found a fellow that knew. The rain lessened, my man slipped him a twenty baht and we followed him to an alley. We road in, couldn't find it, turned around at Nantra Elantra, not my Nantra De Comfort hotel.

Bummed,"Just take me home..." As leaving, a bunch of men stood at an unmarked door way. "Excuse me, is this AA?" "Sure is Sweetie" I slid off. "How much?" Apologeticly he said "Fifty baht". "Here's a hundred, you earned it" What a great Big book study, great meeting and I was the only girl! With Nantra Elantra as my new landmark, I took a comfy cab home. My little poochie was bumped up, tore up, from the floor up and sore, but I got my so needed meeting and one hell of an adrenaline buzz. So fine! Hug. JodyAnn

• Forum Moderator

WOW i know, i know no caps but........ you had me on the edge of my seat! (one of my few comfy spots now). I've been to meetings out of town but never like that. Who needs to use with a huge rush just getting to a meeting. That's something you'll never forget.

I don't know if i could do a scooter at this point but if I've not done too much today i'm going to try to get to my home group tonight.

And now it seems your the painted lady as well! Jody you are toooooo much!!!!!!!!!

Loads of hugs,

Charlize