• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I love lacey things but...

MarcieMarie12

I was wearing a tank top that had a nice lace like lattice on the back and little flowers patterns on the bottom fabric. However, a clip from bra got caught in it and broke one of lines. :rolleyes: I'd be more upset but I only paid $5 for it at a thrift store.

Found out size 16 jeans fit me nicely....

Oh, I love our thrift stores, especially as I'm still getting used to the new wardrobe, colors, sizes.

My therapist said she didn't see me as a ruffles and lace kinda woman, so I said maybe not the ruffles but I could love the lace ;)

Guest Razilee

I wore my new, lacy thrift store dress to the most recent Al-Anon meeting. Unfortunately I got such a bad run in my stockings that I had to take them off. I may be the only girl there that wears a dress, let alone a lacy one, but sometime I just like the freedom of going pantsless.

Love, :wub:

Raz

• Forum Moderator

I have taken the precaution of carrying a spare pair of tights in the car in case of accidents!

Luckily I have not needed them yet but if there is one thing I hate to see it is laddered tights / stockings.

Tracy

Guest jaynesays

That made me think of the other day with my family. I was wearing a sweater with lace down the back and an A-Frame top under it. At some point, the lace snagged on something and I didn't realize it. I was leaving my brother's party to head to a wedding when he stopped me (mind you he refers to me as a "drag queen" so not exactly a huge supporter, but not completely a hater). He tells me about the hole and expresses that he couldn't possibly let me go to the wedding like that. After I removed it and the bulk of my family inspected the hole, they determined it was an easy fix since it was at the seam of the lace. He and my niece pulled out a needle and thread and stitched up my sweater much to everyone's amusement. It was really a sweet gesture and I must admit that they did a fairly decent job. I'll have that sweater forever now, if for nothing but the memory.