• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

We Trans* Addicts Have A Gift To Give To Others

VickySGV

• Admin

I wrote this in another Trans* addiction site I am part of yesterday, and want to share it here-- This applies to ANY addiction recovery,

We Trans* folk do have special gifts to give as we walk our clean and sober paths to our True Selves. Others we will meet need to know their authentic selves as well as we do. Addiction for them, as for us, was a way to hide what they feared that the world around them would not accept and would terrorize them for it if it ever knew the True person. Their true selves are not as radically different as ours are, but to them those selves are still a terror and horror to be hidden. In getting clean and sober we show both our honesty and surrender to the things we cannot change, and ones we must change if life is to continue and be ours and not the world’s. Our outward changes are symbolic of what is truly changing within us. Our friends in our programs do not need to make an outer change as we do, but very much need the inward change to Truth in their lives. They easily see us change with certainty and show it can happen so that they can take True Selfhood into their lives.

• Forum Moderator

Thank you for sharing this Vicky. I have certainly found this to be true.

I was once was the speaker at a cis gendered meeting where i felt the necessity of being totally honest. I doubt anyone there knew i was trans* until i told my story. I spoke of learning to accept myself and eventually to be honest with others. At the end of the meeting a man came up to me and thanked me for my honesty. He had started to work the steps of AA and was having trouble finding the courage to be honest with his sponsor. He said my ability to open up about myself helped him with his struggle to be honest.

Finding myself and sharing that journey with others has helped me stay sober. Hopefully i'm learning to use my story to help others do the same.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest CLAIRE100

I never would have been alive, or would have had the courage to transition had I not gotten sober through AA 28 years ago, sometimes all it takes is hearing someone else experience that you can relate to in order to move forward, I have been fortunate to have found acceptance in my groups, it doesn't matter that I am male to female, it only matters that I have the common problem of being an alcoholic.

I'm bearing up well through the Holidays. I'm also doing bombing raids on many AA halls for the Marathon Meeting Season. Giggle.

Many meetings we have shared some very deep stuff about transparency and self discovery through step work. It was great to see some newcomers lights come on and their grateful comments. It's wonderful to make a difference!

Today we had one meeting about the deaths of our personal friends that went out for just one more and that was their last. I related about two of my girlfriends. This disease it a killer that wants to trick us and take us out any way it can.

God willing and my Booze Creek don't rise, I will have my four year medallion January 27th. Hold the applause, I know NO FRONTS! Anything could happen between now and then. Though my Higher Power is giving me a peace and calm, most of all reflection. Happy Clean&Sober Holidays. Hug. JodyAnn