• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Have An Agent! -- HUH?

VickySGV

• Admin

A friend of mine from the Trans Chorus of Los Angeles has an actual Trans* talent agency called TransgenderTalent.com, (duh) which has been in business for about a year. Today she and her group had an open casting event for people to come in and submit paper work for actual casting referrals. They also have a Speakers Bureau as part of the operation and I was able to put a ton more experience down on the public speaking angle than I could on acting per se, although I have had acting experience.. The person who is doing the speakers bureau work happens to be my section leader in TCLA. It looks like that may be what happens here. I think it will be fun, but I am not looking at a major source of new income.

I was one of the first ones there, and by the time I left, there were 15 others working on their information sheets and signing releases for publicity photos etc. I know that the Trans* woman who runs the agency is a frequent "guest" on talk shows herself. You have to be Trans* to get on their talent list but you are asked which type of role you would be willing to take, the only one I did not think I could do, was an actual cis-male role although it was my longest acting role in the past, but I was not good in that one.

So, as I said I have an Agent now.

• Root Admin

There's no business like show business. Break a leg, Vicky. :)

• Forum Moderator

Cool. Let us know if we can join you at the Oscars. Have fun Vicky !!!!

Hugs,

Charlize

Congratulations, Vicky. I'm doing some play writing myself. Been doing some improv. I've acted in a play so far. A group of us will be writing a play with hopes of performing at a local venue in the near future.

:thumbsup:

• Admin

I hope you get some fun gigs, Vicky, in either type of work. I had talked to your agent about the speaker's bureau, but I need to follow up with her.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

I had talked to your agent about the speaker's bureau, but I need to follow up with her.

I had hoped you had talked to them, do follow up, they are really working had to make this work.