• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Pre melted wig

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

I'm down in the sugar house boiling away today's collection of sap. We use a wood fire for the evaporator that boils away aprox 40 gallons of each hour. Last this point the wood we're using is pine slab wood waste from the farm's sawmill. It burns hot and fast. As i sit here i can hear the boil and that sound tells me when i need to add fuel. For once i remembered my "boiling" wig. When i open the firebox the heat is intense. I have ruined several wigs over the years and did another one in earlier this season. Fortunately i don't pay a lot for the wig style i like and i have spares. Tomorrow morning i'll break away the melted hairs and do my best to remember to bring it here for the next boil.

Silly gal! If i weren't so vain i'd just go bald headed.

Oooh time for wood..... the evaporator is calling.

Hugs,

Charlize

Also, don't wear your synthetic wig when getting laser treatments. A stray hair might catch fire... was warned by my technician. She's heard of it happening!! :)

• Admin

A woolen hat might be a solution?? Hot enough at the boil, and you end up with a plastic hard hat instead of

hair!!

A friend of mine who had serious plastic hair extensions was smooching her boyfriend at a picnic when his dad overdid the charcoal lighter fluid. She had to wear a full wig for a few months after that one!!