• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Made My Day

Guest karma

Guest karma

well I just wanted to share this. The other day I was at work, talking to a coworker. (By the way I work with all girls.) and she was talking about a how she thinks she might have been prengnet. and I asked her about a comment she made about her boobs hurting, she answered then look at me and said "Its ok your one of the girls weather you like it or not," with a smile on her face. It just made me feel so good inside I cant even explan. and by the way no one knows at work. It just made me feel so good I had to share it with all my sisters. :D hugs!

And I was wondering about anybody elese experances, and how it made you feel.

Always Karma

I recently photographed a wedding where the brides maids started clearing all of the men out of the room so they could change clothes and as I started to get up, the bride said, "You can stay, you're one of the girl's."

She doesn't know but she was that comfortable around me from our consultations and two previous shoots - the other girls seemed a bit dismayed so I went outside.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest ~Brenda~

Hey Karma,

There is a handful of women at work that I hang with... We are all close in age (average 50). We go to lunch together. Talk about children, grand children, menopause... etc. There is no barrier!! We share so much!! We are really together, sharing common experiences!!

LOL

bernii

Guest Elizabeth K

One of the girls is a fun relationship. It has to be a natural thing and it seems that once you are accepted, they will come and get you for lunch or coffee break. I think it has to do with the duality we project. It's like walking past a woman, a stranger, and have her suddenly look at you and flash this big, understanding smile. I would lunch at work and sometimes have my coffee with the girls, they jokingly called it ladies only and always asked me to be there. We would talk about anything, and it as so much fun.

I was never that feminine acting but I was definately female in presentation of what we were talking about. I just let my natural self come out. We would buy candy bars and discount cards for each others kid's projects (though mine were grown and gone). One secretery even approached me about Avon products she was selling - so I guess I kinda got read.

Lizzy

Guest Sofiadragon

That is so funny, & you say that none of them know about your transition WOW! When it comes to work for me I can't help others knowing about it 'cause I run a home based business & the only other employee is my wife :lol: But like I said I am glad for you & I hope things keep looking up for you.

Guest Sarinah

I work with all girls besides my boss and they think of me as one of the girls(again besides my boss). I have recently told 2 of them that I believe I am transgendered but they have treated me as one of the girls since well before that. Its a great feeling, it was even greater when I told them and they were even happy that I was.