• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

First Time Out

Guest Amy LeBlanc

Guest Amy LeBlanc

Hello All:

Long time since I have been on and wanted to share that I had my first time going out in public dressed and how much fun I had. First off, when I went out dressed, I was dressing up as my favorite cosplay charcter since I am a big cosplayer and went to the Phoenix Comicon. The charcter that I went as was Raven from Teen Titans and I did dress up like her and was out in public and had so much fun.

I really enjoyed myself and tried venturing out the very next weekend in normal girl clothes which I had fun as well.

Wanted to share a picture of myself as Raven from Teen Titans.

Thanks

Amy.

post-7174-0-54515500-1465961827_thumb.jp

• Forum Moderator

I am glad things went well :)

It feels so much better being out in the open air.

I like the cosplay but none of my friends is into it so opportunities do not present themselves.

A recent new friend is into steampunk though so maybe...?

Tracy

Very nice. I love Raven. I prefer the animated representation of Raven to the comics version, but I like both. I wish I was brave enough to do something like this. But I'm not ready for that yet.

Guest AshleighP

Congrats on the successful outings! There are few things as exhilarating as being out in public fully dressed the way you see yourself. Have fun in future adventures! Each one gets easier and more natural feeling.

• Forum Moderator

Thanks for sharing. I can remember my first trips out as if they were yesterday. Simply great experiences!. Enjoy.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest Amy LeBlanc

Thank you all for all the complements and everything. I am currently working on my next cosplay which will be Zelda from Hyrule Warrior. I have found myself enjoying making cosplay costumes and enjoy showing them off. And now I have been enjoying making the female costumes and still dressing up in them and showing them off. I love the fact that I get to dress up as a female charcter and go out into the public. I enjoy creating costumes and working oon my sewing machine.

Thank You all

Wow, you went to the Phoenix ComicCon! I wanted to go, but I couldn't get the time off from work. :(

I've not done any cosplay but have gone to several renn faires and celtic fests in garb (not "en femme", unless you count a kilt as a kind of skirt).

I'm glad you had a positive experience.