• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Wearing a Bra, before HRT

Autumn

Ok, first up, 'passing' is not important to me. I know what I am, and people will either accept that or not. I will wear what I want, what makes me comfortable, in the most comfortable way to wear them. With that said I would like to talk about Bras, below isn't the best picture of me (It has been a tiring day) but I have been told that I'm wearing the bra too high. Only one person has said this, nobody else comments on this at all. This is where my (lack of) boobs are right now, so this is where I should be wearing the bra, it's how it was fitted for me when I went into Anne Summers, and I think people in a lingerie shop know more about bras than anyone, but still, a second (or third or fourth) opinion is what I am looking for here. What do you all think? Should they be lower? What kind of criticisms about your mode of dress have you experienced? and how do you respond to these criticisms?

14291752_729298857212597_297587228051327

• Forum Moderator

I am not an expert on this but my opinion is that things do look slightly high. That said, your shoulders look 'pushed up' so making things look worse (raising the shoulders raises the breasts). Not the ideal photo.

I was thinking about the very subject earlier when I put a strappy cami top on over my bra. The top of my bra peeks out slightly so I have been wondering the exact same thing. It is not something I can ask my partner as she can be a bit iffy about things but she usually says if something is really wrong (likethe back  my skirt tucked into my panties the other day - I have actually accidently done it :D ). I do have tiny breasts and they seem to be sitting there OK. I think with larger womens breasts they natually sit a little lower.

Currently I am not on hormones and do not wear forms. I wear a bra that is pretty much the right size (40 AAAA cup). Hard to find but they are available online.

Tracy

• Forum Moderator

Hi Autumn, 

That is a nice photo but it is a bit difficult to actually gauge where your breast sit due to the shadow and your waist does not show.  I would suggest to err on the side of being lower rather than higher.  If you look around (discretely of course) you can see where women of your stature and build carry their breasts.  IMO the top of the breast starts just below the armpit.  If you were to draw an invisible line across your chest, the top of the "circle" that is the cup of the bra would be at this line.  Your areola will be somewhere around two + inches below this point.  Obviously this area changes as hormones do their work, so too will your bra adjustment.   

Have fun,

Jani   

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

It's hard to tell without a good upper body picture. The way I've been doing it is, if you fold your arms in front of you, the breast should be about where your forearm is resting (the one laying on top). Smaller breasts, however, will usually sit a little higher than larger, fuller, breasts (due to the different volume). Properly holstered in a bra, because a bra lifts and separates, the fullest part of the breast should be about even with half-way down your bicep. Again, approximately.

I found a bra sizing and fitting video somewhere that said the breast should be halfway from the shoulder to the elbow. That's all I know.

good luck 

Rachael 

Something does seem a bit off, but I'm not quite sure what. Your body might just be a bit different, or it could be the angle of the picture.

If we are talking height, the bottom of the bra should be roughly where your elbow is. Maybe you could try adjusting the straps so that they are longer- I've always had to do that to get a good fit.

• Admin

On HRT I have developed a couple of nice "B" boobs.  The bottom of my boobs are two finger widths up from my lowest rib. I wear the bottom of my bras at the rib line and do have to buy bras with longer shoulder straps to fit right  I have longer upper arms than most people I know, so the elbow thing does not work for me as a proportioning measure.   In your picture, your bra top is above the lowest part of your arm pit fold.  I get the two finger width measure below my arm pit fold.  Try my "official" measure trick there and see if you like it better.  In my CD days I have  pictures of me wearing my breast forms almost up to my collar bone, and a couple almost down to my belly button, so I have made some real goofy exhibitions my self.   This pic shows my upper level pretty well, and you can see that the tops of my breasts are about the level I told you.gallery_14243_1207_32465.jpg 

• Forum Moderator

This is what I was wearing yesterday showing, if you look closely, how close the top of the bra is to showing. I think things are sitting Ok though (higher res in gallery)

Tracy

Tracy_160916_2.jpg

• 6 months later...

I hate wearing Bras and always have - my mum has always told me off for not wearing a bra.

but I am very very fortunate to have REAL natural breast and not taking hormones.

I was re-measured yesterday at Marks & Spencers and I am now a lovely Real size 34H 

Guest noeleena

Hi ,

Bra,s  well I don't wear them at all even when my breasts were smaller as I had no need then or now, and yes I have had BA and still don't bother with Bra,s , I,m a 16 D  cup = 41 in, and tight do not sag   in out family my Mother Jos and our Daughter are small to almost nothing , My grand Mother was very big busted and from photos is the only one who was .

so im one of 4 females in our family  not including two other women who married in to our  large family  one is big busted and other is almost nothing .

So not all women / females are large ,

As to how you carry them is after youv had your babys they tend to drop so would be lower than what I see in your photo if you were say 16 to say 30 then yes some would be almost your height after kids and age comes along think normal 2. to 3 in,s lower would be about right. depends on your height and body shape and weight,

If you wear a sports bra then they would find their own level  or like some women do need a bra .

...noeleena...

Guest skirted

My wife helps me out a lot, with the bra so I don't have a problem. I find if I fold my arms then the bottom of the bra rests on the top of my arm.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 252 Guests (See full list)

• MaybeRob
    • missyjo
    • MAN8791
    • Mmindy
    • VickySGV
    • Ashley0616
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • EasyE