• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

https://www.transgenderpulse.com/forums/topic/71545-im-not-the-man-i-used-to-be/I'm Not the Man I Used to Be

Dev

• Admin

Good evening everyone!

Some time ago, Laura's Playground member Kenna Dixon offered coupon codes to those in the forum who were interested in reading her book, which details her experiences with gender and transition.  Those codes allowed for a free download of an e-reader copy.  Because some of you who may be interested don't have e-readers of any kind, though, Kenna approached MaryEllen to ask if she could make a PDF copy available for download.  Kenna's motivation in offering her book this way is simple: she doesn't want Laura's Playground members to have to pay for a copy.

Kenna would be posting this offer herself if not for the size limit on file uploads.  I had to sneak it in through the service entrance, as it were.

I've read the book and found it to be both well-written and engaging.  Anyone interested in a deeper look at one person's perspective should enjoy I'm Not the Man I Used to Be immensely.  As someone who found it to be a great read, I'd like to offer both my recommendation for the book and my gratitude to Kenna for sharing it with us in this way.

I'm Not the Man I Used to Be.pdf

• Forum Moderator

To those who might not otherwise consider this offer, I can say it is a worthwhile read and not just because it was written by one of our sisters here at Laura's.  As Dev notes it is well written and engaging.  I devoured my hard copy in short order.

Thank you Kenna!

Jani

Jani said it well. I read Kenna's book a few months ago and really enjoyed it.

It was humorous, but also very open and honest about her experience.

I'm transitioning and hoping to maintain my marriage and it was really nice to read about the support that Kenna got from her wife. 

Thumbs up!

• Jani changed the title to https://www.transgenderpulse.com/forums/topic/71545-im-not-the-man-i-used-to-be/I'm Not the Man I Used to Be
  • Admin

Un-pinned, Kenna died some months ago, and this is probably in her estate and the coupon void.

• VickySGV unpinned this topic