• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Not worthy of a title

Guest dinosaw

Guest dinosaw

when a girl likes you and you cant "please her" in the same way any average guy could and you just feel like the biggest inadequate piece of **** and you just want to burn, not your body but THAT body which you refuse to take ownership for, to a non-existent crisp.. thats where my life is headed 

• Admin

How do you know what will "PLEASE" her?  Have you talked honestly and deeply about it?  Has your unique and wonderful relationship so far given you a chance to see the whole person your partner is, that is more than just the physical contact of below the belt body parts?

Being post-op in the other direction than you are going, I do get the idea of how your body image is burdening you in your relationship, but you are the one suffering from the "pleasing" factor unless you and your potential partner have discussed this deeply and lovingly.  If you have discussed this and you are still together, then there is more to the relationship than just genitalia.  The Gender Dysphoria can be huge, but  it is more our burden -- Dysphoria means "Terrible Burden" in Greek -- than others who may actually welcome the possibilities from our uniqueness,  Even GCS by itself will not completely eliminate the Dysphoria, as I and others know too well, but partners and people who accept us as we are, as the person inside can help us to be happy as we are.

There is more to any relationship than just sex. If you are with a partner and committed to each other, creativity and a willingness to be flexible on all sides can get around a lot of obstacles, whether the anatomy we're born with or what time and changing health do to us.

• Forum Moderator

Sometimes we simply have to be honest and while it hurts eventually self acceptance does make it easier.  As Vicky noted dysphoria means discomfort.  That has simply been a painful reality for me.  Time and honesty has made that so much better even though there were times when i wished i had been born cis gendered.  As the great sage Kermit the Frog said: : "it's not easy being green."

Hugs,

Charlize