• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Investors Group Warns Texas Not to Pass Bathroom Bills

Carolyn Marie

9 minutes ago, Carolyn Marie said:

Interesting story.  I'm not certain that this warning was prudent though; it's been my experience that sometimes/frequently, such threats create a defiant resolve that wasn't there prior to the threat(s).  This state  been threatened a lot lately, or so I surmise by all the posts in this sub-forum....such threats in the media may sway some votes of those who were not initially in favor of the proposed legislation.  If said legislation, by some chance, does successfully pass through the legislature....I will lay credit on the heads of the supposed friends who levied said threats.

Just as an aside, I couldn't help notice the photo...a restroom-sign that stated "All Gender".  I don't think I could ever bring myself to enter a so-labelled restroom door.  [I'm okay with the designated "family-restrooms" though; they have a lock on the door.:)]

Tejana, the other option is to say nothing. Threats may make them dig in their heels, but to do nothing or be soft spoken about it would lead to the bills passage. Texas also has the knowledge that it will hurt the state economy just like it did North Carolina's.

• Forum Moderator

The NFL warning may be as powerful as any. Texas loves football, and their Dallas Cowboys are their crown jewel.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

I'm hoping that the Texas legislators are more sensible than the Lt. Gov. and now Gov, who are pushing this. They appear to have taken a very large dose of "Trump Juice". "The thousands of responses received stating opposition to this bill don't mean anything because it is an effort by a small minority."  "Reports saying we will lose a lot of money are wrong."

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 129 Guests (See full list)

• Ashley0616
    • Ivy
    • SydneyAngel
    • Betty K
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • MaeBe