• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Running With Scissors

Peebs

Hi, I'm Emily, although I'm more used to being called Peebs on the Internet. It doesn't really matter.

Anyway, I was a pretty average kid growing up. No care in the world except when Super Mario Galaxy 2 would come out. Heck, I didn't even consider I might be a trans girl until my sibling (who confirmed they're genderfluid instead later on) came out to me as a trans guy in June 2014. Then in December 2014, my family's 2-month-old puppy yawned a couple feet away from my crotch. And that's when my brain started doing things. Around February 2015, a friend of mine proposed "bulletproof breasts" when another friend made a Family Guy reference. I was hooked immediately, and quickly turned the concept into full on sex changes (albeit with additional "powers"), thrust suddenly onto all on Christmas morning. Of course, this set me up for the big fall on Christmas morning, 2015, when two thoughts crossed my mind: "So much for bulletproof breasts," and "Good Lord, I'm a girl after all".

After a couple days (well, months, but I wasn't too sure until then) of looking at names, I settled on Emily and told my sibling. During early 2016, I told my friends at school. Accidentally told my mom in November 2016, after which she, not being particularly educated (yet against HB2 and not militantly anti-trans elsewhere either), went on as if I hadn't said anything at all, without any apparent attempt to throw out "M(rest of given name omitted)" and "he" in favor of "Emily" (or at least Em) and "she". Told her and my dad for real a couple days ago, after which they've still gone on as if I hadn't said anything at all. After the fact, a friend directed me to a site with support groups in NC, which had a link to here. Anyway, I still feign maleness IRL for the time being. Not a particularly titillating or motivating story, but there it is.

• Root Admin

Hello Emily,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. Thank you for sharing your story with us. :)

MaryEllen

• Forum Moderator

Glad you've joined us.  Thanks for sharing your story.

Hugs,

Charlize an alcoholic

Hi Emily! I find your story interesting and not entirely different from mine or others. Welcome to Laura's!

• 2 weeks later...