• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Joined A Gym Today and have questions

Guest Angelgrlsue

Guest Angelgrlsue

Hi everyone. So, I joined a gym today online and will be starting to workout as soon as I get some appropriate gym clothes.  I have a question for anyone that has joined a fitness club or is going to one, will I encounter any problems with using the women's locker room?  I have discussed this already with my therapist and she said, just use the bathroom stall in the locker room to change and take a shower when I get home.  Just wanted to know if any of you had any issues with using the locker room before.  Thanks.

• Admin

It really depends on both the policies of the company and the layout of the locker room.  If everyone has a private room or stall to change in, there shouldn't be any problem.  If it's all public and visible, then you're therapist's idea seems pretty sound.  Even when the company has an inclusive policy, it's always better, IMO, to be as discreet as possible, especially if you haven't had GRS.

Carolyn Marie

A friend used the company gym, but did it so early that no one else would be there. Me, I've never been to a gym since transitioning. Actually its been a longtime before that.

Guest Angelgrlsue

Thank you girls, unfortunately, I joined without looking at my budget and I am not going to be able to afford the membership fees.  Will have to see if I can cancel without paying a $50.00 cancellation fee that they normally charge their members.